dent in orange 2010 (1 Viewer)

raniaaa

:)
HSC
forget judy stone, i wanna know who this professor massey is

and i'm from sydney too :)

for my part A i did some research got stats and stuff showing difference between regional and metropolitan health services
and my part B i tried to make it more creative..
what sucked was that work experience sheet... i left it blank :(

raniaaa

HSC
Yeah no worries. There are 40 places, am i right? And from there, Id say in general they interview 2-3 people for every place?? so say around 120 interviews?

it says on their website under the FAQ that around 1/3 and 1/2 of the applicants get called in for interviews... fingers crossed we're part of that group :D

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
forget judy stone, i wanna know who this professor massey is

and i'm from sydney too :)

for my part A i did some research got stats and stuff showing difference between regional and metropolitan health services
and my part B i tried to make it more creative..
what sucked was that work experience sheet... i left it blank :(
i've done quite a bit of research on Professor Massey.

has a PhD, worked as an assistant lecturer at harvard university.

but i'd assume that in order to bother knowing about Professor Massey, you'd have to get past judy stone

spdr20

HSC
yeah I read that too. Gosh thats a lot of applicants though! I mean theyd get around 800 applicants (judging by last years rumours somewhere on this site), so thats like atleast 300 people for 40 places! That means we get around a 1 in 5 chance of getting into the course if we get an itnerview! sheeesh!

Just hope for the best rania. Have you applied anywhere else? Any other courses you itnerested in?

spdr20

HSC
haha guys stop stalking the staff! haha. Yeah I admit I'm reaching that obsessive stage as well! And I've also found out that your grades only come into play AFTER the interview.........

THATS HARSH!

raniaaa

HSC
Just hope for the best rania. Have you applied anywhere else? Any other courses you itnerested in?

welllll i applied to the bachelor of oral health in griffith but after screwing up in umat i don't think that's gonna happen.
and i dunno why but i still havn't applied to dent at latrobe, apparently that doesn't need umat... i'll look at it now actually.

and yeah after that i put pharmacy, engineering and medical science but i'm not REALLY into either of them

spdr20

HSC
Chill raniaaa, your going hard on this forum! posting like theres no tomorrow lol! Well I'd say he would, didnt they make us do 2 copies of the application form. Im sure one goes to the dean or something like that (and besides it did say dear massey), and the other goes to judy or someone in admin.

raniaaa

HSC
LOL i'm supposed to be studying... this is the only mildly productive form of procrastination i can find :p

spdr20

HSC
Yeah la trobe doesnt need umat for SCHOOL LEAVERS. But for grads and uni people, you do! And engineering? random choice in that list! I did med sci, and its pretty interesting, opens you up to a lot! Anyway, good luck aye!

spdr20

HSC
haha yeah I'm at work and waiting for knock off time! Should really be doign some paper work....meh

and ever considered of grad dent? I'bb e doing gamsat next year. Melbournes opening up the DDSc degree. its only 3 yrs?

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
The dean wouldn't have enough time to read 800 submissions

if i were her, this is what'd i do (she probably does this anyway):

chuck away all the applications that didn't follow the instructions
ie. didn't make a copy of the application
didn't send in a self-addressed envelope
didn't get an school predicted letter sent in
etc etc.
only made year 12 report.

---------

then i'd base the applications on their school predicted ATAR (only applies to year 12 leavers)

that would of cut down i dunno 10-20%
then i'd skim over part A,
of those top 200 or whatever, approve those
if it doesn't meet the criteria, chuck them.

then of those top 200 or whatever,
send them off to Professor Massey to read at his discretion,

then Professor Massey will read the submissions and approve which will be offered an interview.

either that,
or Judy Stone will chuck away all the applications that didn't follow instructions,
then maybe the school predicted letter/report.

then the two will go through each application, together on the same desk.
although i'm pretty sure the dean won't actually read those,
he'll read the ones that make the cut.
probably a lecturer or another professor will read the submissions,
then hand the best ones to Professor Massey to make the cut.

raniaaa

HSC
yeah they have it at usyd too but i dunno it seems like a massive waste of time.. and isn't gamsat a killer? i mean if i can't get into dent with just my atar and all my great qualities :p then i doubt i can get a good gamsat score and gpa...
ah well i'm not ruling it out completely but it's just not the ideal choice for me.

also, whereabouts are you from? you did medical science aye.. so what are you doing now?

and goodluck with gamsat hopefully you won't need to resort to it :)

spdr20

HSC
Dam i forgot to send in a self addressed envelope.....................................HOPE THEYRE NOT GONAN CHUCK IT OUT!!!

boxhunter91

HSC
OMG 800 applicants... now im thinking i got no chance.
My only other option is USYD. but that is 7 years. and there is no guarantee of making it because of GAMSAT and interviews..

boxhunter91

HSC
I didnt make copies of my JP'd school report. Cuz my reports are like 20 pages long...
EDIt: you reckon they would care if i dont have my final year 11 report lol.. i put in semester 1 :p

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
hmm..

you didn't read the instructions?
it seemed pretty pedantic

1.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT] Submission of Supplementary Application Form

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Attach a passport photograph and additional documentation.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Attach certified documentation – as requested for school/university reports. DO NOT send original documents as they cannot be returned to sender.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Make one (1) single sided photocopy of the Supplementary Application Form – including copy of photo and all additional documentation. When copying documentation, copy all material onto A4 sized paper. (If school reports are in booklet form DO NOT remake the copies in booklet format.)

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Tick the Original / Photocopy boxes on the top of both final documents as appropriate.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Write your full name, including your 2009 UAC or CSU Student Number (if appropriate) on each page of the Application Form – including all pages of additional documentation.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Staple your original Supplementary Application Form and one copy as separate documents. Do not place in a folder, display book or plastic sleeve.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Include a postage stamp / self-addressed envelope which will be returned to applicant as notification that CSU has received the application.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Place documentation in an A4 business sized envelope - DO NOT fold.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Place the stamped self-addressed envelope on top of the documents.

·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]DO NOT rely on using an Express Post envelope to reach the destination overnight.

dw guys i think my school predicted ATAR will be like 80.

we'll all fail together

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)