dent in orange 2010 (1 Viewer)

boxhunter91

HSC
Yeah la trobe doesnt need umat for SCHOOL LEAVERS. But for grads and uni people, you do! And engineering? random choice in that list! I did med sci, and its pretty interesting, opens you up to a lot! Anyway, good luck aye!
Can you link me to where I can find that course and where it says you dont need UMAT?

raniaaa

:)
HSC
LOLOL "don't rely on express post.."

haha so long dent at csu

boxhunter91

HSC
hmm..

you didn't read the instructions?
it seemed pretty pedantic

dw guys i think my school predicted ATAR will be like 80.

we'll all fail together
DAMM It.. i got no chance now. i didnt copy the report..
my predicted atar should be close to 90 considering people at my school who were doing bad got predicted of 80 (for other UAC applications), and im smashing them lol.

boxhunter91

HSC
LOLOL "don't rely on express post.."

haha so long dent at csu
haha. dont be worried it will definitly get there in time. im just praying i get an interview.. i really dont wanna go Uni for 7 years..

raniaaa

HSC
haha. dont be worried it will definitly get there in time. im just praying i get an interview.. i really dont wanna go Uni for 7 years..

right there with you buddy! are you planning on doing the bachelor of oral health at usyd if you don't get it at csu?

boxhunter91

HSC
haha yes raniaa oral health at usyd! :)
I sent my application for PQA exam yesterday with csu lol.
Imagine we end up together in same course ha.
I also applied for oral health at csu just in case i make neither.
i then chose 4 b. Medical Sciences, then 2 b.sciences.
But csu definitly is the best option at the moment. 5 years then official dentist. whilst doing course you also get practice with new equipment. i think thats fantastic.

boxhunter91

HSC
oh lol i thought you were going for oral health aswell at usyd.
Thanks for the link. Just saw the ENTER. no chance im getting that..
i would do medical though. better opportunity to progress rather then a hygienist. but a hygienist does have a sound dental background i would presume.

spdr20

HSC
yeah the whole application process is really pedantic. I mean it doesnt say on there that failure to comply means exclusion to course.....lol

And for me, well i forgot to send in the self addressdenvelopme (though i used exp. post lastweek and thought the tracking number is enough for me!) and i phtocopied the application form but forgot to copy the references and transcripts! grrrrr I really hope my app aint going out to the bin! Geeez, if thats the case, thats harsh!

And asforla trobe:

Entry Requirements
Selection for Year 12 - prerequisities a study score of least 35 in English or 40 English (ESL), study score of 35 in biology or chemistry. Selection based on ENTER - refer to the VTAC Guide. Access to the guide is through the 'Quicklinks' menu above.

Regional bonus is applied to this course for applicants whose home postcode is from regional Australia. Consideration is also based on the VTAC Special Entry Access Schemes.

Non Year 12 - selection based on Undergraduate Medicine and Health Sciences Admission Test (UMAT). Further information on the UMAT test can be found on their site, access to the site is through the 'Quicklinks' menu above.

Details on the course can be found on the University handbook site, access to the site is through the 'Quicklinks' menu above.

Quicklinks
CourseFinder
Handbook
VTAC Guide
UMAT test

And raniaaa, I'm from wollongong, and yeah i did med sci locally. And currently I work in the hospital as Respiratory Scientist

laklah

HSC
awwww..
are they really going to throw it out?
i didn't make a copy of the year 11 and 12 reports nor did I write a reference.
DAMMIT.
SIGH.
lets hope i get an interview for unisyd then. highly unlikely. --"

boxhunter91

HSC
laklah dw.
Im sure if they actually 'bother' to read the writing bits they wont throw yours out.
I actually made a copy of my report and referenced it and attached to my original application.
Did i have to physically copy that report and attach to the copy application?

spdr20

HSC
Guys, this is just my opinion. On the application it says all your documents have to be in as they wont contact you to get anything. So I guess the important thing is that you got your documents along with any other additional documents in with them certified. I guess if this is done, I'm sure they could make another copy for themselves. I really dont think that it was an "application requirement" as such, but rather instructions on how to send it through. I mean if we missed out 1 or 2 steps in there, which DONT impact on the application, I'm pretty sure theyre not going to throw it out. Well thats what I hope!

And yes you had to make a copy of ALL additional documents for the "copy" application. I swear, the way it was explained on there was really confusing. They couldve just said everything that they wanted attached to the original, and at the end said make a copy of the ENTIRE application and send that through as well. Sheeeeesh.

spdr20

HSC
Thought id update you guys. I just spoke to judy on the phone, and she says theres nothing I can do about it now. Its upto the selection committee now as I cant send in any documents now. But she did stress if i sent in my certified copies, which i said i did. But she also said we wanted the entire application copied, for which i said i partly did. So i guess its at their discretion by the sounds of it. So over this!

boxhunter91

HSC
Thanks for that spdr20. What's done is done.
Im just hoping all BOS get through ;) and my ATAR doesnt fail my chances.

raniaaa

HSC
good stuff spdr20 :D

let's all chip in and buy em flowers + chocolate, and sign it from us... maybe they won't throw ours away :p

boxhunter91

HSC
good stuff spdr20 :D

let's all chip in and buy em flowers + chocolate, and sign it from us... maybe they won't throw ours away :p
Agreed :) hows the studying going raniaaa? if any lol i really cbb atm after trials and graduation all week. These holidays are gonna be a nightmare.

raniaaa

HSC
gah study is doing my head in =.=
i'm soooo not bothered. i had my graduation mass last night :D:D just another reminder the hsc is looming around the corner =/

oh well i think everyone's feeling like this at the moment.. hopefully it goes away sometime this week

spdr20

HSC
ahah what on earth is grad mass? random
And no worries guys. The chocolates may work, but if judy hates em, we're in deeper s*** than before hahaha..hate to be on the wrong side of her!
ahh the hsc...those were fun times.....haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)