dent in orange 2010 (1 Viewer)

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
ahah what on earth is grad mass? random
And no worries guys. The chocolates may work, but if judy hates em, we're in deeper s*** than before hahaha..hate to be on the wrong side of her!
ahh the hsc...those were fun times.....haha
mass for the graduating catholic year.

good stuff spdr20 :D

let's all chip in and buy em flowers + chocolate, and sign it from us... maybe they won't throw ours away :p

yeah..
i wouldn't do that
it shows dishonesty, and a lack of integrity.

besides only domestic, commonwealth sponsored student places were available.
i'm sure there would of been quite a few parents of international school students who showed them the balance of their bank account

spdr20

HSC
Mate i think raniaa is joking. And yes the catholic mass makes sense..my bad!
haha yeah lucky there are no international places. Atleast we dont have to compete against them too!

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
so now that the possibility of copying the submissions is pretty much negligible,
let's discuss what each of us wrote!!

spdr20

HSC
haha someones keen to know the competition!
I gues I'll start off. Though i got a sneaky my application might get ignored! bastards haha...ok i'll try be more optimistic!

Well, im a non school leaver. Finished a Bachelor of Med Sci (honours class 1). Currently working in a regional hospital as a scientific/research officer in respiratory. Ive put in my research exeprience, and my uni teaching expeirence . I've also put in my experience in a dental practice in a regional NSW. For the essays, I guess i just wrote about stuff I saw and tried to be honest.... lol..i dont know..said stuff about shortage of practitioners, varying demographics in regional australia (indigenous, elderly etc), devlievry of services (on site and in a clinical setting) and yeah..i cant remember of anything else.

The question on why I wanted to be selcetd to CSU. I guess i wrote about the high focus of regional australia and thus the training that will cater the needs of such populations. And so on. Thats it i guess........GOOD LUCK!

raniaaa

:)
HSC
wowow if they read yours you'll definately get it.. they seem very into their regional-ness =.=

i think i'm gonna have to use mine to apply again next year :(
part a: they have less health care workers, more pressure on them to know their work properly, need to deal with patients of varied backgrounds etc.
part b: i'm awesome, pick me ... or something to that effect :D

how about you theism and boxhunter91?

spdr20

HSC
haha raniaaa! a bit of optimism dude! i'm sure with your awsomness and chocolate offers (bet you sent em in!) you'll be in the running for an interview ;)
And does anyone know when interview offers come oout? do they come out by email or snail mail?

boxhunter91

HSC
Part A: Discuss: Less Money less Resources Less Qualified Professionals expand those points + Issues: Less qualified staff, travelling costs to assist people in rural areas and something else i forgot. I really didnt research for this bit. just found some points of this site and expanded em..
Part B: Spoke about dental experience inspired me (developed my passion ;)), spoke about dedication to academia and spoke about moving to orange adapting to lifestyle etc.. Learn procedures needed to assist rural individuals as such.

boxhunter91

HSC
LOL we shouldnt have put it up in the first place. and besides we dont even know if we will make it. if we dont that. we know thats not what they are looking for ;)

spdr20

HSC
haha i was thinking that. I bet CSU admissions officers scroll through these threads going "sheeesh these guys talk about dent wayyyy too much!". lol.

But hey, like you said boxhunter, if we dont get an interview, we'll know how anal the application process is next year (well at least i'll know!). Itd be hilarious if I was to ring up later on and ask why I wasnt itnerviewed, and their reasoning being "you forgot to put a second copy of your references..sorry". hahah

raniaaa

HSC
haha i was thinking that. I bet CSU admissions officers scroll through these threads going "sheeesh these guys talk about dent wayyyy too much!". lol.

hey man you can't talk you're the one who keeps calling them up :p

spdr20

HSC
haha shhhhhhh, though thats true aye. This site has got me hooked and judy probably knows my voice by now lol, which probably is a bad thing!

And besides, wheres my thanks for chasing after her anyway! I put my life on the line there geeeeez. Gratitude much? :p

raniaaa

HSC
you're right... you're really brave, i wish i had the courage to pick up the phone and call judy stone :p

LOL that rhymed :)

nah nah seriously, thanks :D

wintergate

HSC
N/A
forget judy stone, i wanna know who this professor massey is

and i'm from sydney too :)

for my part A i did some research got stats and stuff showing difference between regional and metropolitan health services
and my part B i tried to make it more creative..
what sucked was that work experience sheet... i left it blank :(
hi 5* i did some research on statistics and one stat i found was that a child in a rural area with fluoridated water and one without.. one would suffer 4 times the rate of decay :lol: shocking ay?
mine also is starting to sound like boxhunter's and spdr's.

i had a look at their scholarship for rural people website. if you had a look there... they addressed so many issues that regional(rural)? health practitioners are facing.. e.g. cultural safety (brownie points :D).

i typed mine up... so anyone wanna trade?

my msn is simon.tuong@hotmail.com

i'm going to be soo sad if i don't get this! i'm so sick of commerce and i never really liked the ass kissing culture :(.
but if i don't get this, i'm going to do distance education pharmacy haha.

oh and also raniaaa: express post is only guarenteed next day delivery for the next day delivery network.. which is the busy citys and areas.. not sure if sydney to orange is one day but from melbourne to orange was at least 2.

the reply paid evelope thing was so confusing.. didn't know whether i should get a big envelope or not. turns out my small envelope was sufficient seeing as they just sent my envelope back with nothing inside.

Last edited:

boxhunter91

HSC
hi 5* i did some research on statistics and one stat i found was that a child in a rural area with fluoridated water and one without.. one would suffer 4 times the rate of decay :lol: shocking ay?
mine also is starting to sound like boxhunter's and spdr's.
Dam it i knew i should of done research.. It was all a spur of the moment thing i didnt know about CSU until only after trials ahh :(

i'm going to be soo sad if i don't get this! i'm so sick of commerce and i never really liked the ass kissing culture :(.
but if i don't get this, i'm going to do distance education pharmacy haha.
Winter, don't do pharmacy. It's going to be difficult to get a job since all those 'chemist warehouses' are taking over all the little guys. My tutor for physics/chem does it atm and as soon as he finishes his going to something else. If i dont make this i'm tossing up doing oral health or going into medical science. Because I don't know if I'll make Usyd Dentistry and i will need some leverage for an income. Oral health doesnt provide that..

the reply paid evelope thing was so confusing.. didn't know whether i should get a big envelope or not. turns out my small envelope was sufficient seeing as they just sent my envelope back with nothing inside.
When did you send it? I havnt received anything yet. Well it was a week ago.

Last edited:

wintergate

HSC
N/A
i sent mine the friday before the deadline.. so about september 25 via express (5 days before deadline but... better safe than sorry) :D

one reason why i want to do pharmacy is because if i don't get dent... im going to be stuck with commerce. after enduring it for a whole year, my only solution is to get the hell out of the course lol

yeah there aren't any jobs and yes chemist warehouse is taking over... but they are also limited to the number of licenses available.

and besides your application didn't seem too bad from what you said earlier. i don't think i answered the why you should be selected properly. i think i deviated alittle (or maybe even a lot). i mentioned that i had work experience and that 'instilled the notion' that dent was the correct career for me and then i also was like... oh i know all the issues in ther rural communities and with this in mind i'll be able to deliver equity etc to the community.f

spdr20

HSC
wow this page has been buzzing with activity since i was last here (which wasnt too long lol).
I think all you guys have some pretty decent applications! heres hoping its enough for an interview. And wintergate, with your commerce background, pharmacy seems pretty cool. Youd know how to run a pharmacy pretty good ;)
Though keep in mind that pharmacy at uni is a hell of a lot of work. And clinically, it can get really frustrating. Though theres a lot of research opportunities available, so you can always mix it up to make it mroe interesting =)

And dude, I also udnerstand your commerce pain. I started doing a combined commers/med sci degree, then dropped commerce (I HATED ACCOUNTING sooooo much lol, and i did fail miserably in it too.....). You should keep your options open for grad dent at melbourne though seeming your from vic. Its only 3 yrs and you do get a DDsc as oppose to a BDsc, if it makes a diff to you lol. GOOD LUCK GUYS! Jsut hope for the best.

wintergate

HSC
N/A
Yep i hate accounting as well... but for some stupid ass reason i elected to do financial accounting... which is harder than the first accounting i did in semester 1. Somehow i managed to scrape a distinction in semester 1 without doing much work... but it seems the laziness is getting the better of me as i'm at home now... and not at uni (too lazy to go !)

if i do open a pharmacy.. .my commerce knowledge will be useless :p i don't think i could put this years knowledge to practical use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)