dentistry anyone? (1 Viewer)

bmwz4

HSC
hello class of 2007, just wondering who is doing dentistry when they finish next year?? if you are what are doing about it like umat etc? and what unis are you thinking of.....im not sure which one to go to....lowest uai etc

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
im condering dentistry as postgrad, because sydney doesnt have any undergrad dentistry course and im not going to move out of state.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
I was considering it too, but that's going towards a different path for me.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
bmwz4 said:
hello class of 2007, just wondering who is doing dentistry when they finish next year?? if you are what are doing about it like umat etc? and what unis are you thinking of.....im not sure which one to go to....lowest uai etc
If you have no intention of leaving NSW, the only dentistry course here is at USYD and its grad entry only...(as a grad course it would require GAMSAT instead of UMAT and entry would be based on a GPA etc as opposed to UAI.)

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
I would consider dentistry too, that is ... if my marks turn out alright.
At the moment I only think I'm capable of Pharmacy or something lower, dang it !

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
ari89 said:
If you have no intention of leaving NSW, the only dentistry course here is at USYD and its grad entry only...(as a grad course it would require GAMSAT instead of UMAT and entry would be based on a GPA etc as opposed to UAI.)
GPA?

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
Grade Point Average.

Pretty much ur averaging of marks calculated based on ur performance in all your university subjects.

Once ur in uni, ur UAI means absolutely nothing.

And yes, even though I'm enrolling into USyd this year... Dentistry is a possible option for me once I've finished my undergraduate course.

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
hmm i heard the best undergrad course to take b4 dentistry would be medical science, because it prepares you for gamsat. However would you be disadvantaged if you take another course say, b science(adv) or b engineering??

tennille

HSC
Tennille said:
Dentistry is a postgraduate course at usyd. You will need to complete a bachelors degree (usually 3 years), and in your final year of this degree, you will need to sit the GAMSAT. If you do well enough in the GAMSAT, you will be considered for an interview. You will also need to do a Practical Aptitude Test.
You shouldn't be disadvantaged if you do another science degree besides medical science. For more information regarding the GAMSAT, see here.

Also, for more information regarding dentistry at usyd, please see here.

astro8205

HSC
N/A
I suggest you guys to undertake undergrad while you can I sat GAMSAT and it is very hard compared to UMAT. GAMSAT is more knowledge based i.e means there will be many sleepless nights try to remember all the science (physics, chem and biology) formula from year 12 especially when you're in 3rd year uni and try to juggle between Uni assignments/exams and GAMSAT.

UMAT is morelike IQ test, simpler and easier - non knowledge base.

You might do both just to keep your options open.

astro8205

HSC
N/A
Oh yeah about the admission. Everyone who scores 65 for each section GAMSAT will get interview (everyone) so you competing against thousands for 80 places. Aptitute test suck because you have to carve some wax like dentists.

Some undergrad dentistry school just based on UMAT and UAI and definetely no wax carving!!!

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
astro8205 said:
Oh yeah about the admission. Everyone who scores 65 for each section GAMSAT will get interview (everyone) so you competing against thousands for 80 places. Aptitute test suck because you have to carve some wax like dentists.

Some undergrad dentistry school just based on UMAT and UAI and definetely no wax carving!!!
Isn't it wire bending at USyd? :)

And I'm pretty sure there'll be an interview in combination with UMAT and UAI for undergrad as well, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)