Dentistry or Medicine (2 Viewers)

bangladesh

HSC
Well yes. But you didnt get the point. I was saying that mutations like tumours cannot be treated that way. and a wider field allows a much better health. But I dont see a point to argument
What even are you on about

Medman

HSC
Well yes. But you didnt get the point. I was saying that mutations like tumours cannot be treated that way. and a wider field allows a much better health. But I dont see a point to argument
No you don't get the point. Dentists also save lives and by minimalising their contribution to society is gross ignorance. Dentists can and will make certain medical diagnoses but they will ask their patient to go to a doctor as doctors are probably more experienced in dealing with the issues than they are. The diseases I mentioned above can lead to death. Tumors aren't always malignant and in fact many won't kill you so if you're saying doctors save people by treating their tumors you are even more mistaken than I originally thought.

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
Hey guys :D
Sorry if this is slightly off topic but if someone get a B Pharmacy are they counted as doctors or not? Cos i was reading through the usyd guide and it never mentioned they were doctors.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys :D
Sorry if this is slightly off topic but if someone get a B Pharmacy are they counted as doctors or not? Cos i was reading through the usyd guide and it never mentioned they were doctors.
They are not.

Medman

HSC
They are not.
The worst part is that chiropractors can put Dr when it is based on mostly pseudoscience. Whereas, pharmacists actually are significantly more knowledgeable, I think the issue is that people in the hospital system would get confused if pharmacists were addressed as doctors as well. On another note Optometrists can now also be called doctors. I think the term doctor is being thrown around too much and has lost its root meaning. Even traditional chinese medicine practitioners can put Dr in front as long as they say they are not actual medicine doctors which may confuse patients. Even I am getting confused.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Crux of the point is that Doctor is not a legally protected title, "Medical Practitioner" is.

bangladesh

HSC
The worst part is that chiropractors can put Dr when it is based on mostly pseudoscience. Whereas, pharmacists actually are significantly more knowledgeable, I think the issue is that people in the hospital system would get confused if pharmacists were addressed as doctors as well. On another note Optometrists can now also be called doctors. I think the term doctor is being thrown around too much and has lost its root meaning. Even traditional chinese medicine practitioners can put Dr in front as long as they say they are not actual medicine doctors which may confuse patients. Even I am getting confused.
don't forget about psychologists

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)