Dentistry requirements (1 Viewer)

eliseliselise

HSC
Hi!
I'm at the point of setting my self goals for the next 2 years- the aim is, like alot of people-- medicine, and second to that is dentistry. I was just wondering what type of UAI I should be looking at (I live in a rural place teehehehe) and around what type of UMAT score I will need to get into dentistry at any uni in Australia or NZ (preferrably Sydney but I don't really care).
Thankyou in advance!!!

elise

:karate:

Season

HSC
Different Universities have different requirements, but as 25% of applicants must be rural from now on you have a lot easier time then the kids from the city.

Just aim as high as you can, why put a limit on it. Get 99 and a UMAT of 200 and you'll be pretty much guaranteed entry everywhere. :

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
eliseliselise said:
Hi!
I'm at the point of setting my self goals for the next 2 years- the aim is, like alot of people-- medicine, and second to that is dentistry. I was just wondering what type of UAI I should be looking at (I live in a rural place teehehehe) and around what type of UMAT score I will need to get into dentistry at any uni in Australia or NZ (preferrably Sydney but I don't really care).
Thankyou in advance!!!

elise

:karate:
I reccomend you do some research into this career esp when you didn't know that there aren't any undergrad dent positions in Sydney or let along NSW this year, well except for CSU Dent which opens up year. Also how rural are you?, rurality is a major consideration in EAS/special admissions dent cases.
http://www.csu.edu.au/student/dentistry/courses.htm

Griffith(Gold Coast) and the University of South Australia would be your best bet, Under normal circumstances you would have to get a umat score of around 170+ and uai of arund 97-98+ to be in contention for a place at either of these uni's. Since you are rural however i do not know your rurality i presume in the most extreme cases of rurality you would be able to enter with a UAI as low as 90 with a decent umat, but i doubt that you are rural so prob 93-94, i need your post code to find out your Aust Gov rurality classification and they take into account your township population and distance from your nearest regional centre. Also U of SA has an interview for dent when Griffith does not.

Not much is know about CSU but 40 places are up for grabs mainly rural from next year onwards.

NZ you must do one year of Health Science at either Otago or Auckland uni and get above the min 5.5 credit adv and a decent umat score.

Last edited:

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Hep C -ve
Hep B -ve
HIV -ve

im srs.. tat is one of the quickest ways to not be a dentist.. faster than a shit GAMSAT or UMAT score

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)