Dentistry (1 Viewer)

dr3amy

yea i know, but dont you have to have done undergraduate dentistry to do postgraduate in syd?

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
doubt there are a thing called undergrad dentistry..

i believe b den @usyd works similarly to mbbs @ usyd, whereby it's a graduate degree, ie you study a bacholar (any bacholar, at any uni), then u are eligible to apply...

it, imho, also has the flexibility of tapping into other field of study during ur undergrad yrs, so if some where along the track, u realise it's not the right thing for you, or the world has changed that ur degree is no longer "hot", you can always turn aroudn without much cost...

agent_angel

HSC
dr3amy_pisc3an said:
yea i know, but dont you have to have done undergraduate dentistry to do postgraduate in syd?
what the??? undergraduate and postgrad denistry is exactly the same as any other degree that can be postgrad or undergrad. they both give u the same qualifications. u would not do postgraduate med after doing undergrad med coz u r basically doing the same degree all over again. and yes there is such a thing as undergraduate dentistry, just not in nsw anymore. dentistry is offered at only one uni per state. syd uni used to have undergrad dentistry but changed it to post grad about the same time med went postgrad

agent_angel

HSC
sikeveo said:
Wrong UQ and Griffith offer dentistry and they are both in QLD.
sorry i meant government universities. griffith is totally privately funded isnt it? if this isnt the case i stand corrected.

Waldo

Hiding Somewhere
HSC
Techically @ Griffith, you do dental science and after that you have the option to take up the full fee dentistry program (masters i think?). =P

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
some ppl are gettin post-grad and grad-entry mixed up.. ... they are different..

Bachelors = undergrad, may or may not be grad entry ( i.e requiring another tertiary degree)

Masters,PhD, GradDiplomas, etc = Post-grad.. (i.e. After ure bachelors.. usually in the same field)

Griffith...
is a public Uni.. u get hecs/CSP for the first 3 yrs in a BOH (dental science) ... then u have to do full-fee masters/grad-diploma in dentistry for 2 yrs.. its pretty if-fy and assumes tat they will definately get accreditation by the Dental council in 2007..
http://www.griffith.edu.au/academicprogramsandcourses/

cos if they dun.. u get a dud degree
but if they do.. u get a BOH/GradDip(Dentistry) at this stage.. it use to promise a Masters of Dentistry... so im a lil skeptical.. i didnt go .. and went to take BDS at Adel..

u still need an OP1 and good Umat + interview for it tho
but better to stick with the BDSc at UWA or Melb or the BDS at Adelaide. also 5 yrs long.

or if u can wait.. then the grad entry BDent in Usyd. i think its about about 7 yrs to get this.. with ure other degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)