deoderant recommendation (1 Viewer)

HSC
this is pretty inappropriate but i must admit i have pretty bad BO. I normally use impulse deoderant the ICO one if you know which one i'm talking about.

A new collection recently came out

http://www.myimpulse.com.au/MiniCollection.aspx

has anyone tried the new collection of impulse deoderants? if so, which one is the nice one??

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
impulse wont do anything for your BO, it'll just mask the problem, making you smell worse when the BO mixes with the sickly sweet deo.

if you notice on the can its not a "deoderant" its a "bodyspray" which means it does nothing.

i think you're better off with a lightly fragranced anti perspirant, like dove or nivea, and then you can choose a perfume to go over the top, for your "scent".

i hate it when girls or guys wear their deoderant like a cologne...there arent any that smell good! just wear perfume and unscented antiperspirant.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
if your bo is as bad as you say, then get a sports deoderant. otherwise just get a normal odour-less one and do what alley said

original123

*Original Convention*
HSC
Rexona is fantastic...like the others said try using anti-perspirants rather than body-sprays, they definitely won't do anything. You're supposed to spray the anti-perspirant on your actual body, not your clothes if that's what you do.

HSC
well my Bo is not THAT putrid!!! >< I normally use roll-on antiperspirant but yea.. ever since i've started using impulse, i've been smelling nicer and i feel more fresh. It does the trick so oh wells..
Does anyone else use it? the mini ones are so cuteeee >.<

alby

cool duckie
HSC
roll-on's usually feel bad on your skin caus they're so wet and dont dry quickly. seriously, body sprays such as impulse do absolutely nothing for you other than masking how you actually smell....it's the same as caking on makeup - it doesnt matter how much you put on, you're still not fixing the problem.
question: how often are you using your impulse each day?
most deoderants are cheaper than or the same price as impulse (espically when it comes to the smaller ones...ever heard of value for money?), you use them less often, and you dont have to stand around in the shop for 20mins, smelling every last one to see which one will make you smell better. i strongly suggest that you buy an anti-persperant deoderant with minimal/no smell..and if you still want to smell like flowers or whatever, buy some perfume or a cheapy body spray to put on top (there's often not much difference in the scents of most body sprays..you're usually only paying for the brand)
and you can buy smaller sized deoderants if you want it for the it-fits-in-my-handbag quality

Lori.

HSC
Doesnt everyone stop using impulse when they finish school, cause its such a dumb school-girl obsession? lol

anyways, you should know sweat only smells bad when it mixes with bacteria on your skin, so you just need to keep on top of your personal hygiene, so frequent showering + anti perspirant and, in theory anyways, you should be fine.

Those stick anti perspirants are the best imo, like the rexona confidence, or the dove equivalent, although they will mark your black clothes.

And if you want to smell nice, you'd be better going for a nice body butter, cause spraying yourself with an alcohol-based whatever wont do anything good for your skin, especially in summer, that shit can stain your clothes as well..

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
Rexona for men, the bright silvery blue one, I forget what it's called, possibly Sports. Or Forces (the dark blue one) is also good. IMPULSE FTL

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
i agree, rexona forces ftw. however, i find the rollon smells different to the spray. i have both lol.

OP, buy rexona

HSC
Riet said:
Use an anti-perspirant not impulse.
i do use anti-perspirant.. but the roll on ones. I just used impulse to cover up the smell. The new collection smells really sweet. Have you guys tried it?

starf1sh

HSC
nah, i actually reckon the smell is a bit overpowering...like ott...guys dont like it so you wont like it.
ask for a bottle of your fav perfume for your bday or christmas :) if you want to smell nice.

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
normally id pay the hell out of the above poster. but in this instance, id have to agree. im sure theres a blokey equivalent though

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
whatever you use be really careful about getting it on your clothes, i ruined a nice dark top by letting deodorant get on it, i think it was one of the rexona roll-on varieties.

Trev

stix
HSC
cuppas said:
normally id pay the hell out of the above poster. but in this instance, id have to agree. im sure theres a blokey equivalent though
It works better than the male Rexona anti-perspirants.
They must have tested it on hairy bull-dykes or something.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
argh11111111111 said:
i do use anti-perspirant.. but the roll on ones. I just used impulse to cover up the smell. The new collection smells really sweet. Have you guys tried it?
yes we've all tried it!

no we don't like it!

tigerlily06

HSC
yeah....rexona is good

dermalogica is also good...if you're willing to spend a bit more

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
how does everyone else avoid getting it onto shirts and stuff? like i go ghetto and let it air dry before i put a shirt on. but thats just me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)