Depressed (1 Viewer)

belatedactuarialgod

HSC
Hey, fellow people at BOS I feel I need to share this with you since I feel I have no one else to share this with. So i'm current in yr 12 doing HSC next week. However, I still have no clue what course/degree to do. Its made me really depressed. I just don't know anymore. I worked so hard this year and will probs get 95+ but, what the point if I don't know what to do. I feel like such a disappointment to myself and my parents rn, I kinda wish my life was over.

If you guys have any wisdom/advice that would help me or cheer me up that would be deeply appreciated. Because I feel like no one really understands me and I really don't have anyone to share to how I truly feel.

belatedactuarialgod

HSC
It's totally okay you don't know what to do! I have so many friends who feel the same lol.

Since you're gonna get 95+, at least your choices aren't limited!

So what kind of subjects are you doing atm? Are you more into Humanties or Science/Maths?
one science - physics

a couple HSIE - economics, business and legal

math

icycledough

HSC
As said above, makes sense that higher ATAR = potential for more courses = higher possibility of finding a course you can commit to for a career ... honestly, I'd make sure to focus on the exams at the moment and then once they're finished, it may become a bit clearer through talking to friends or doing some reading what you want to do in university

zizi2003_

HSC
Hey, fellow people at BOS I feel I need to share this with you since I feel I have no one else to share this with. So i'm current in yr 12 doing HSC next week. However, I still have no clue what course/degree to do. Its made me really depressed. I just don't know anymore. I worked so hard this year and will probs get 95+ but, what the point if I don't know what to do. I feel like such a disappointment to myself and my parents rn, I kinda wish my life was over.

If you guys have any wisdom/advice that would help me or cheer me up that would be deeply appreciated. Because I feel like no one really understands me and I really don't have anyone to share to how I truly feel.
A lot of my friends don't know what they want to do either. A lot of ppl are really hardworking and achieve a high ATAR but don't really know what they want to do post school, and thats totally fine
youll have so much time post-HSC to think about this as well
ur not alone !!

icycledough

HSC
one science - physics

a couple HSIE - economics, business and legal

math
Well, based on your subjects, looks like you tend to favour the humanities. So some potential courses could be law, a commerce or economics major degree, actuarial (seeing it's in your username lol), PPE, etc ... these were some of the options which came up on the UNSW page

belatedactuarialgod

HSC
Well, based on your subjects, looks like you tend to favour the humanities. So some potential courses could be law, a commerce or economics major degree, actuarial (seeing it's in your username lol), PPE, etc ... these were some of the options which came up on the UNSW page
- not law cause i don't really enjoy eng
- I was thinking economics but jobs seem limited
- Commerce idk what to major in. I don't want to do finance because many people say its stressful and long hours. Nothing really else appeals.
- Actuarial idk tbh

Ugh why does life have to be like this :(

uniqueusername1

HSC
- not law cause i don't really enjoy eng
- I was thinking economics but jobs seem limited
- Commerce idk what to major in. I don't want to do finance because many people say its stressful and long hours. Nothing really else appeals.
- Actuarial idk tbh

Ugh why does life have to be like this :(
bro dw you have your entire life to figure something out. Thats the entire point of life. You don't know.

icycledough

HSC
As harsh as this may seem, what you want to do in university shouldn't be your biggest priority. For the next month and a half (or whenever your exams finish), all your focus should be on the HSC exams and only the HSC exams. Trust me, during the well-earned holidays you get afterwards, you'll have all the time and support to think about what you want to do in university

tito981

HSC

It seems you like STEM courses so a comp sci/math course will not limit your job prospects

HSC

How about you grow up and put your big boy pants on mate. In the real world, you won't have a 'BOS' to whine to when you can't make a bloody decision.

TheVuk

HSC
How about you grow up and put your big boy pants on mate. In the real world, you won't have a 'BOS' to whine to when you can't make a bloody decision.
facts dawg, another up tight sydney boys attention seeker like illchay lad my boys in the trap be wishing for a 95, take a gap year if u need to make up ur mind

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)