• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

depression advice online? (1 Viewer)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
yeah thats the sad part..
they are the most expensive as they are not subsidised by medicare..

X

xeuyrawp

mr_brightside said:
drugs can really suck though...

I refuse to ever touch them...ever...
In my case, they were a bad thing.

I think a distinction needs to be made between bad circumstance and bad chemistry. That's why someone more professional (and not eager to either dish out drugs or stay away from them) needs to be seen.

It would be my only piece of advice that one would see a good counseller before one saw a psychologist. I would also advice seeing a good psychologist before one saw a psychiatrist. :)

Even your GP is good to talk to, because they will have good knowledge of the local counsellers/psychologists/psychiatrists and could make a good recommendation :)

KeypadSDM said:
I'd let natural selection run its course. That's just me though.
Natural selection involves peerage, as well. And as a peerage, we help each other.

Not only that, that attitude is why all of your 'friends' hate your guts.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
KeypadSDM said:
I'd let natural selection run its course. That's just me though.
yeah that's just you, thank goodness. don't you realise how much it hurts them to be in their position? (you're going to say they won't be unhappy if 'natural selection' takes its course - how can you let someone die so unhappy, felling worthless ant not realising that everything they think about themself is not true?) and for everyone they know to lose them?

IceBreaker

HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
yeah thats the sad part..
they are the most expensive as they are not subsidised by medicare..
then it should be subsidised by medicare..

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
yes and no.. the govt finds it too expensive.. for it being a treatment for lik just a couple of conditions..

they are trials but give it time..

its just they dun have a traditional role in the system.. so they need to make one.. and the treatments are expenisive and long... and require a lot of talking.. so its not lik the Govt can get a volume discount on it..

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Schroedinger said:
Ciprimil? Or something else?
Citalopram (trade name: Cipramil) doesnt cause much dependence.. its more likely to cause withdrawal.. (and erectile difficulties as they are SSRIs)
these drugs have massive theraputic benefits over risks...

ure more likely to get a dependence with TCA's, MAOI and benzodiazapines(big for addiction).. (e.g. diazepam, alprazolam )

.. its just the way they work .. SSRI have low levels of dependence.. and are low risk for other problems.. not telling too much
:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)