depression after trials.. (1 Viewer)

ugly14

G0Ldën MëMbër
HSC
i've finished my trials about a week and a half ago and since then...i've been feeling really depressed and cant be bothered to do anything..not even study...it feels like nothing is important anymore...
even getting out marks back doesnt motivate me to study harder so i can do better in the hsc
i thought this was normal at the beginning ..but its going on for too long now...
anyone here in the same boat???? do u have any advice for me...i really need help

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
you look like you've just worn yourself out with study and preparation for trials. you set yourself a goal, whether it was to get certain marks or to study harder and now that its over you have no where else to go, or nothing else to work for... am i right?

the best possible solution would be to slowly ease yourself back into the study routine, nothing too drastic at first, be sure to take regaular breaks and to reset some goals or targets you wish to reach. this should get the motivation up hopefully... perhaps now that you've completed trials go through and check our UAC preferences? this could possibly make you want to work harder to achieve a cut off or get into your dream course perhaps?

the depression comes from not having anything to do, and having that "lost" feeling because you aren't studying or have nothing to work for. it should leave soon, but for your sake I hope not too late.

good luck!

gemrism

HSC
I feel pretty depressed after my trials too.....
I don't know manybe all the regret about my subject choices are surfacing....
>_<!!!
i hate you modern!

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Perhaps it's just a bitter sweet of a moment? I know in a way it was as if I dreaded the end of the trials, but also was so glad when they were over... The reason for my dreading is that once it's over, it's over there's no chance of going back and doing it again.

That's just the way I was. I have slumps of depression all the time, the best way I get out of it is to occupy myself with something else, to push it to the back of my head (Yea, I'm a male - it's what we do best :)).

neva~endn~story

HSC
i just recently finished my trials on thursday last week, however i do feel a little depressed but its not stopping me from studying my suggestion is to relax for a few days and start to study from the easier subjects to the harder one's. the motivation after the trials does indeed go down the toilet.

however the way i got back into study mode was just to remember to believe in your self and your ambitions. as their is no point living in the past because its not going to achieve anything in the future. i have attached a little poem to help get you started.

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
Yeah I feel exactly the same as you. I haven't done a single thing since the trials because I don't feel motiveted anymore. I was so bloody studious before these exams and did not stop studying for a whole week before the exams. But then I went really shit in economics, which is the subject I studied and cared for the most, and I was really depressed.
I have most of my marks back too, and let's just say that they are less than inspiring. I'm too scared to get back extension english and economics.
And I don't know what I want to do after school (other than sleep) so there is nothing at all to motivate me... but regardless, I will *hopefully* get back into study mode tomorrow.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
heh i'm in the exact same boat - only thing i've done in relation to school work was study for my english assessment which was on last thursday. It just feels like somethings missing, even though i'm so glad that i don't have to do the trials ever again lolz. But usually after two weeks post exams and once i get all my results back, i'm fine again.

ashh

HSC
i think most ppl feel like that, weve just had 2 hard weeks so it prob makes sense...im the same, though i have glandular fever n apparently that can leave u depressed...sux, but we'll all get thru it!

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I think what has happened to a number of HSC students is that following the trials everything has just come to a boil especially when you studied your best and still didn’t get the marks you wanted.

Having only finished my trials last Wednesday I have had other things to keep my mind occupied least of not finishing an assessment, which I did and generally unwinding and relaxing before back to school this week. I am expecting to get bombarded with assessment marks\exam marks back, questions on performance from friends and that underside able decision about where I want to be next year and what I want to spend my life doing.

wm_abusef said:
you look like you've just worn yourself out with study and preparation for trials. you set yourself a goal, whether it was to get certain marks or to study harder and now that its over you have no where else to go, or nothing else to work for... am i right?

the best possible solution would be to slowly ease yourself back into the study routine, nothing too drastic at first, be sure to take regaular breaks and to reset some goals or targets you wish to reach. this should get the motivation up hopefully... perhaps now that you've completed trials go through and check our UAC preferences? this could possibly make you want to work harder to achieve a cut off or get into your dream course perhaps?
The best advice has already been given by priesty, his words speak truth. Just work yourself back into a study pattern slowly start with things you know well and build your confidence. Then strive forward to your ultimate goal. Good Luck!

passion89

HSC
Isn't that weird?
No matter how much we hate the trials and study and whatnot, I think all of us still sorta thrive on achieving our goals as wm_abusef said.
Now that our goal of finishing the HSC is in a month and a bit, there are feelings of emptiness associated with it because we simply have nothing to do in the meantime.

Bah...complex creatures we are :)

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
oh wow. i knew there'd be threads like these post-trials! i totally feel for you. i'm so not bothered opening up the books again. my results were pretty abysmal and i am starting to feel slightly discouraged from studying anymore. yet i know before the HSC i will start again. don't give up.

aminayoussef

HSC
N/A
well after reading all these entries it helps to know im not the only one suffering from post trial depression ... unforunatly my skool like to have 2 trials so lucky me .... can u ever get sick twice :p

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
aminayoussef said:
well after reading all these entries it helps to know im not the only one suffering from post trial depression ... unforunatly my skool like to have 2 trials so lucky me .... can u ever get sick twice :p
your school has two trials?!?! THATS HORRIBLE! having to go through this once is hell enough... lol

amina, what school do you go to?

A l

HSC
N/A
Our deputy principal told us in a meeting about his theory on student performance. Basically, by the trial period we should have risen steeply from the rest position to a peak or a crest. Once the trials are over, we would experience a steep drop past the rest position to a trough. This "trough" is probably what most of us are experiencing at the moment.
Basically, it works like a sine curve. Once you hit the peak, you fall dramatically. As the HSC exams approach you should rise again to the rest position and when the exams begin you should hit the peak again...

courtneyrobbo

HSC
Exactly what our teachers have been telling us all year.

Year 12 goes all in for the trials then slacks off for weeks after as they feel they're finished. As someone who has just finished my PIP, trials, Ext 2, and farewelled my captaincy :-( i can say im deeeeefinitely in a rut......doesnt it feel like HSC is over everybody??

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
i hate your maths metaphors :eek:

i like to see it like an english fiction novel. there's a complication hence a rise in tension and that's what we've just gone through where that minor stress forced us to perform (hopefully) at our peak for the trials.

however in this post-climax period we are like characters wandering aimlessly in a barren world, searching for our identity and meaning. i mean there's still half the story to finish!

by the hsc though the denouement means a complete resolution is in sight (let's assume we're not talking about pomo or horror stories atm). buoyed by this goal, all is resolved, we hit our peaks once more and we live happily ever after.

finis.

gelina

HSC
gemrism said:
I feel pretty depressed after my trials too.....
I don't know manybe all the regret about my subject choices are surfacing....
>_<!!!
i hate you modern!
Hey! it's you! :] I know you.

I think you and I share the same passionate hatred for Modern History.
Worst worst worst subject ever.
so depressing

why am I here? my modern trial is on monday.

i think......... i give up.
i will feel VERY HAPPY after trials.
still in them atm.
thankfully, have not cried yet.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
yes, that's right, feel depressed and crummy. In the meantime i'll grab a higher UAI while you're down, and you'll never recover! MUHAHA!

i hope you realise i'm trying to peeve you so as to encourage to to study again...

-P_D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)