Depth Study Options... (1 Viewer)

mishka

HSC
N/A
Just curious as to which option you chose for your depth study... go to the thread "The 2004 HSC - Society and Culture Paper" thread i you've forgotten!! :)

Explain your choice and how you think you went here!!

mishka

HSC
N/A
i chose:
Question 5 part b - had a better brainstorm, more information to include
Question 6 part a - only this part specified ONE belief system - and i liked how you didn't have to focus on globalisation, like the other one!

Kattywoman

i did 5a and 6a, because i basically only studied a specific belief system (Wicca) and a specific popular culture (TV). The pop culture essay could have been better.... I had heaps of info on other aspects, but i think I did ok....

Bobbie

5a & 6a??

Umm... how could you have done 5a and 6a...?
you did popular culture and belief systems??
you were meant to do 1 of those options and one of the options from work and leisure or equality and difference...

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
Nah I think it was only two of ANY of the depth studies.

In Popular Culture I did part a (Evaluate the effect of globalisation on the ownership and control of ONE popular culture.) and i thought it was really okay cos i knew heaps about surfing and I had globalisation def down pat but it was badly structured. Plus, I only wrote 6.5 pages of MASSIVE writing so how did others do?

In Equality & Difference I did part b (Evaluate the role of legislation, community initiatives and welfare systems in reducing inequality) and it was good except i probably didnt evaluate so much as I described. I wrote 10 pages of massive writing.

*Erika*

HSC
Bobbie said:
Umm... how could you have done 5a and 6a...?
you did popular culture and belief systems??
you were meant to do 1 of those options and one of the options from work and leisure or equality and difference...
nah you can answer one from any of the depth studies... (2 all up)

i did 5b and 6b...

i should have done 5a but i realised that mid-essay and i decided it was too late to change it...

Last edited:

Jessisbored

HSC
i cant remember what the no. was 4 the belief systems and e+d, but i did B for both because a was way too specific so i couldnt say very much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)