Deriving Projectile Motion Equations (1 Viewer)

kpq_sniper017

mojako said:
Sooo trueee...
how come I didn't realise that? even when I was writing l + l in my previous post... [I guess this is what meant by daydreaming in my post titled "interpretation"]
BTW I used the letter l (el) in my previous post and you used the vertical bar thing.. el doesn't look like a straight line in Times New Roman. I (i) looks like straight line in Arial and I think that's why I used it.

Also from you:
>> coz some guys in my class went through the whole "integrating from first principles" process when they were asked to prove that dN/dt was a solution of N in a "Newton's law of cooling" question....waste of time (and they didn't get the answer anyway) <<
didn't you mean, N was a solution to dN/dt? ;)
got me there :)
yea, N was a solution to dN/dt.
point of the story though....some guys wasted a lot of time:
5-10mins + 20 lines of working = didn't get the answer = 0 marks
30 secs + 4 lines of working = right answer = 1 mark.

and about the |+|.....is there meant to be a vertical line down the centre of an H? ;)

mojako

HSC
Nope... you translate the two vertical lines so that... oops..
just realised this... I must be daydreaming when I initially wrote 1 + 1 = H.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Hmm yeah and even though you changed it you still forgot to change the + to a - in "br translation of the two I's to the + sign"

mojako

HSC
pcx_demolition017 said:
:)
ironic....
"Always try to look at problems from a different angle"....and get the wrong answer?? ;)
well well well...
if you look [from a different angle] properly you would get the right answer.
Not every problem has more than 1 available/allocated angle though.
But if you try to look at the problem properly you would see that it [the problem] has only 1 angle, or that the angle you're trying to use doesn't belong to the problem.. [umm.. I'm using a really strange language here..]

What my avatar means is: when you're stuck with a particular question [in particular maths], you should sit back and relax [for a few seconds if it's in exam :p] and try to answer the question with a new fresh set of mind, and think of some new ideas and use a bit of imagination.

kpq_sniper017

mojako said:
well well well...
if you look [from a different angle] properly you would get the right answer.
Not every problem has more than 1 available/allocated angle though.
But if you try to look at the problem properly you would see that it [the problem] has only 1 angle, or that the angle you're trying to use doesn't belong to the problem.. [umm.. I'm using a really strange language here..]

What my avatar means is: when you're stuck with a particular question [in particular maths], you should sit back and relax [for a few seconds if it's in exam :p] and try to answer the question with a new fresh set of mind, and think of some new ideas and use a bit of imagination.
i see ur point of view and i agree...true for maths especially :)

mojako

HSC
pcx_demolition017 said:
i see ur point of view and i agree...true for maths especially :)
I was going to change my avatar to "pcx_demolition017 doesn't like my avatar; it was: | - | = 0 ....." ^^

Umm... Am I abusing the title of your thread, "Deriving Projectile Motion Equations"?? better stop now...

kpq_sniper017

mojako said:
I was going to change my avatar to "pcx_demolition017 doesn't like my avatar; it was: | - | = 0 ....." ^^

Umm... Am I abusing the title of your thread, "Deriving Projectile Motion Equations"?? better stop now...
nah, s'ok.
my question has already been answered pretty well, so this thread can be abused for a little while longer :)

mojako

HSC
^^

umm.. with only "^^" it says the message i entered is too short so i just type this sentence ^^

Last edited:

kpq_sniper017

mojako said:
^^

[umm.. with only "^^" it says the message i entered is too short so i just type this sentence ^^]

---
hmm.. what is this? it still says it's too short and it needs to be at least 10 characters and it's obviously already more than 10 characters... does sum1 have any knowledge on this?
u could try asking laz in one of the other forums. it's probably a measure taken to prevent spam....only my guess though. but i'm curious as well.

Rorix

HSC
because you typed your message in [ ] it considers it as a tag (so ignores it in terms of word count), I should think.

mojako

HSC
Rorix said:
because you typed your message in [ ] it considers it as a tag (so ignores it in terms of word count), I should think.
yup
removed the [] and it works.

kpq_sniper017

Rorix said:
i wonder y they use [ and ] for html tags.
i'm used to the < and > that's used in websites, so it used to be annoying but i'm used to it now.

mojako

HSC
its becoz.. well... the [..] tag is not called "HTML tag"
used to know what it is but i forget...
[...] supports much fewer types of the "..." part, mainly for display/aesthetic purposs.

this is just my imagination: maybe they sue [...] so that we can spell out html tag in our post.. eg in a web designer forum ppl can happily share tags without those tags being parsed.

Rorix

HSC
the [] is UBB code - if they used the same < > then.......someting bad might happen which.........I can't think of.......right.......now.

kpq_sniper017

Rorix said:
the [] is UBB code - if they used the same < > then.......someting bad might happen which.........I can't think of.......right.......now.
might be able to edit the page or something??....

is UBB code unique to forums?

kpq_sniper017

mojako said:
its becoz.. well... the [..] tag is not called "HTML tag"
used to know what it is but i forget...
[...] supports much fewer types of the "..." part, mainly for display/aesthetic purposs.

this is just my imagination: maybe they sue [...] so that we can spell out html tag in our post.. eg in a web designer forum ppl can happily share tags without those tags being parsed.
i used to do web designing as a hobby. i started when i was 12, but since last year i slowed down and eventually stopped. it's pretty fun, although i was never that good at the "designing" bit, but more at the coding bit.

mojako

HSC
pcx_demolition017 said:
i used to do web designing as a hobby. i started when i was 12, but since last year i slowed down and eventually stopped. it's pretty fun, although i was never that good at the "designing" bit, but more at the coding bit.

same here... although I've never really designed anything... nor put a lot of codes in a website. i only understood some simple java scripts (such as alerts, window open.. really simple ones) and am never able to make more complex system (like website ordering maybe?).

>> is UBB code unique to forums? <<
I'll let Rorix answer that... I havent seen that anywhere else but doesnt mean its onlyin forums.. btw in this forum that code is called "vB code".. there's a kind of link in the "Posting Rules" box down the left. click on it and there's a explanation of all the codes [hmm if you didn't know that link exists..]

hmm i just looked at ur profile and u r apparently in yr11.. didnt know that.
mm.. is this forum completely gender-free now? I think there was gender in my profile but now i cant find it...

kpq_sniper017

mojako said:
same here... although I've never really designed anything... nor put a lot of codes in a website. i only understood some simple java scripts (such as alerts, window open.. really simple ones) and am never able to make more complex system (like website ordering maybe?).

>> is UBB code unique to forums? <<
I'll let Rorix answer that... I havent seen that anywhere else but doesnt mean its onlyin forums.. btw in this forum that code is called "vB code".. there's a kind of link in the "Posting Rules" box down the left. click on it and there's a explanation of all the codes [hmm if you didn't know that link exists..]

hmm i just looked at ur profile and u r apparently in yr11.. didnt know that.
mm.. is this forum completely gender-free now? I think there was gender in my profile but now i cant find it...
not sure about the gender, but i'm quite certain i saw some people with their genders posted (but maybe that was before the change).

as for web design.....i spent a fair bit of time learning html. i didn't actually dedicate a lot of time to sitting and learning it, but i just happened to remember it after making so many pages with html....now i've forgotten it all though.

"hmm i just looked at ur profile and u r apparently in yr11"
i am in yr11.....class of '05 as it says in my sig.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)