• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Describe the Worste Teachers ever at ur school (1 Viewer)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i don't understand what u mean snapwizard! so what if they get a badn 5 or 6 in that subject?! isnt that good? or am i missing something? :confused:

also, i agree that teachers are not paid well enough for a profession that is quite valuable to society. my history teacher says that teaching is the only profession that has never been given a pay rise without a dispute and industrial action. is this true snapper (uhh should i say, sir?) LOL, anyway, i just want to know if my teacher was lying :p

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
This true as far as I know. I have been on strike twice in ten years (refused to strike twice as well) so that is 4 times that the Parramatta Diocese/IEU has taken industrial action. Up until 2/3 years ago, teaching had not received a pay rise in line with the cost of living and the inflation (?)(sorry, not an economist!) since the early 1930's (?).
ie everything went up but teaching wages didnt reflect this increase. Teachers were actually classified as being under the poverty line about 10/15 years ago.......
There is only one other 'professional' profession (does this make sense?) that is even worse off than teachers and thats nurses..........

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Some of the teachers you guys have described are turly funny!

erhmmm...I suppose it's my turn right?? :confused:

let me think.....

i had the enginnering teacher for year 11 and 12. OMG it's so horrible!!! That's why i'm not doing engineering in uni. :D

He often goes overtime and what he does is, he drill on one particular object, like copper, and it's alloys and crap like that and take us on a school tour (yes, we walked around the school in search of copper objects). and even though sometimes the bell has rang, he still talks and talks and talks... the whole lunch time is gone :(

And i have this commerce teacher in year 10, who sat n his butt every lesson and made us read the text book. can't teach shit. he explain shit for the whole lesson and everyone fell asleep except one girl. LOL

hmmm....the worst one by far is this fat bald English teacher in year 9, who throws duster at students! For example students that are talking, sometimes whispering.

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Originally posted by snapperhead
I hope I am reading this wrong..I should be getting a band 4 and less to teach HSC by your reckoning??
LOL

This is the same in every field . Have to disagree with you here (though if I can big note myself, I fit into your description of raisng both ranks and marks-Yes, i am that good..). Experience and more importantly, loyalty (especially in education where the pay and more to the point, the working conditions are crap in comparison to other white collar jobs) should be rewarded.

Sorry replace can with cant .................... I wanna know that my teachers can get band 6 to help in my confidnece of the teacher!!

:p Yeah working conditions are crap, at my dol school the teachers at like the best looking lounge and office yet every old classroom was ........... lets just say very very average................ students suffer too but they dont realise that!

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Snapwizard
Sorry replace can with cant .................... I wanna know that my teachers can get band 6 to help in my confidnece of the teacher!!

:p Yeah working conditions are crap, at my dol school the teachers at like the best looking lounge and office yet every old classroom was ........... lets just say very very average................ students suffer too but they dont realise that!
Why should they "academically" (in a HSC sense) prove themselves? There is more to HSC smarts than just being able to sit a 3 hour exam (as per your example).
I actually think they did that (prove themselves academically) when they graduated university and when they satisfied the state and schools requirements.

As to academically proving themselves to improve your confidence in them, what happened to good old fashioned trust in human nature....... your previous argument on payment due to 'results not experience' sortof contradicts this..... (plus you are too young to be so cynical and mistrusting.... you sound like you believe we are all out to get you!!)

Me, I'd hate to sit the current HSC as (IMO) it doesnt really prove anything academically ie most is rote learning (and no, Im not saying that the HSC is easy or that you can do without teachers or studying......). Conversely, I doubt many of you could do the HSC that I sat in 1989 "AS IS" as it was more skills based and based on two years content.... (not that Im saying Im better , its more a matter of preparation and training for a specific style of exam-not the current HSC style--->hence the real role of a teacher at senior level!!)
As to the whole teachers longue thing, please dont ever get union fought and won 'general conditions' and 'the rights of an enployee' mixed up with the general upkeep and condition of a school as they are worlds apart......
*sigh- I have finished raving and await the (uninformed) scathing replies......
LOL
:p

Just read your signature. You're at uni and you are still bitter about the HSC!!!
HA!!!
'spose thats why you are at UoW!!!!
I'm Joking OK..............

Last edited:

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC

Just read your signature. You're at uni and you are still bitter about the HSC!!!
HA!!!
'spose thats why you are at UoW!!!!
I'm Joking OK..............
Thats low ;) Anyways I'm guessing ur a humanities teacher from your previvous post - do flame me if I'm wrong :p From experience humanitites teachers do 10 times more work then IT teachers and that might have flawed my argument.............I cant jugde your intellegence.........from what I have read your pretty damn smart............. lets take the arguement to the lower end of the spectrum...........thoughs teachers, mainly IT and some science who, unlike you, simply sit in the class all day doing absoultely nothing :rolleyes: This is yr 12 - HSC
E.g. Teacher goes get on with some work any work........... its your HSC not mine, at the start of 60% of classes without teaching a simgle thing and sits there marking other grades work and reading mags and newspapers
E.g We had a major work........... the teacher took 10 minutes to expain it and then s/he took the whole term off for us to do it by urselfs without any help and for the whole term 2 s/he didnt teach anything from the sillibus and simply juist sat on the chair with other work................. when asked by a parent of how s/he would have done the major work................ replyed with "I wouldnt have a clue"
E.g. Everyday me and 2 other friends would bring a piace of paper and marked down anytime that s/he had tought something........... we averaged 3 at the end of the yr..............3 things that we didnt know, unforunately they wont techniques simply content that wasnt even in the silibus

I'm not saying that all taechers are bad....................... most of my teachers were terreific :p I simply want to see more consistency for other year12 so what ever school you went to there wont be such a great disadvantage or advantage except for the students own intellect , effort and motivation ;)

Every student should have an almost equal opportunity and right now I simply dont see that happening............... The reason I brought about the idea of teachers doing the HSC is that in some of my classes my classmates and I made a concensus that our teacher was do "insert fawl language here" that there was no way they would even get a band 3.................... simply, they knew less then us and knowing that s/he gave up teaching us and just sat there :rolleyes:

ps I was offered to UNSW but I thought about what I really wanted to do the rest of my life and made a wise dicidition to do commerce ;) yay I admit I'm too stupid to get into commerce in the major unis. I'm doing arts........... maybe i'll get into teaching at my old school and really make a differnece :)

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Thats low ;) Anyways I'm guessing ur a humanities teacher from your previvous post - do flame me if I'm wrong :p From experience humanitites teachers do 10 times more work then IT teachers and that might have flawed my argument.............I cant jugde your intellegence.........from what I have read your pretty damn smart............. lets take the arguement to the lower end of the spectrum...........thoughs teachers, mainly IT and some science who, unlike you, simply sit in the class all day doing absoultely nothing :rolleyes: This is yr 12 - HSC
E.g. Teacher goes get on with some work any work........... its your HSC not mine, at the start of 60% of classes without teaching a simgle thing and sits there marking other grades work and reading mags and newspapers
E.g We had a major work........... the teacher took 10 minutes to expain it and then s/he took the whole term off for us to do it by urselfs without any help and for the whole term 2 s/he didnt teach anything from the sillibus and simply juist sat on the chair with other work................. when asked by a parent of how s/he would have done the major work................ replyed with "I wouldnt have a clue"
E.g. Everyday me and 2 other friends would bring a piace of paper and marked down anytime that s/he had tought something........... we averaged 3 at the end of the yr..............3 things that we didnt know, unforunately they wont techniques simply content that wasnt even in the silibus

I'm not saying that all taechers are bad....................... most of my teachers were terreific :p I simply want to see more consistency for other year12 so what ever school you went to there wont be such a great disadvantage or advantage except for the students own intellect , effort and motivation ;)

Every student should have an almost equal opportunity and right now I simply dont see that happening............... The reason I brought about the idea of teachers doing the HSC is that in some of my classes my classmates and I made a concensus that our teacher was do "insert fawl language here" that there was no way they would even get a band 3.................... simply, they knew less then us and knowing that s/he gave up teaching us and just sat there :rolleyes:

ps I was offered to UNSW but I thought about what I really wanted to do the rest of my life and made a wise dicidition to do commerce ;) yay I admit I'm too stupid to get into commerce in the major unis. I'm doing arts........... maybe i'll get into teaching at my old school and really make a differnece :)
Thats cool.. I was joking remember!! :)

Im a Religion, SOR, PDHPE teacher so I guess I'm sorta humanities..... will be a head of RE at a new school in term 3 (whooohoooooooo!)

I agree about the IT teacher comment.......they are generally uesless IMO- only meet two good IT "teachers" in my career, the rest were just computer know-it-alls who were sooo laid back and apathetic, it wasnt funny (and I think I can say I have meet nearly every computer teacher in the Parra Diocese as I was the Learning Technologies co-ordinator at my old school). Science teachers do vary but they are mostly mad anyway!!! :)

BTW- I went to ACU (undergrad and postgrad) so I cant talk........
and I only posted here to stir thigs up a little. Yes, Im bored.........
LOL
:p

Last edited:

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Its nice when you get a response ~ with your TER why didnt you goto UNSW or USYD for teaching, but I'm not sure if they offer all categories :p

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Its nice when you get a response ~ with your TER why didnt you goto UNSW or USYD for teaching, but I'm not sure if they offer all categories :p
I originally made it into USyd but changed my mind due to a couple of things - money was the main one+ they wanted me to change degrees before I started and enroll in this new course they were offering which sounded abit dodgy..... ACU (was CCES back then) offered a degree that only had one major (instead of the traditional two majors eg history/english) and the rest was history!!!!!!!!

^___^
HSC

I agree about the IT teacher comment.......they are generally uesless IMO- only meet two good IT "teachers" in my career, the rest were just computer know-it-alls who were sooo laid back and apathetic, it wasnt funny (and I think I can say I have meet nearly every computer teacher in the Parra Diocese as I was the Learning Technologies co-ordinator at my old school). Science teachers do vary but they are mostly mad anyway!!! :)

oh..
my school is in the Parra district area..lol, lets hope my IT teacher is the good one u were on about..

and yea, from what i heard, heaps of IT teachers are bludgers..but mine one is like..make us work every lesson..lol

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ...
oh..
my school is in the Parra district area..lol, lets hope my IT teacher is the good one u were on about..

and yea, from what i heard, heaps of IT teachers are bludgers..but mine one is like..make us work every lesson..lol
*quickly trying to fix up what he said*
"Um, this was a couple of years ago and it was at a conference and um, they were drunk ......"

Naw....... I'm sure there are great IT teachers out there and my meeting them (meet regularly with about 15 of them) wasn't in a classroom context so I shouldnt comment on their professional ability..they were just arrogant a**holes whenever we got together to discuss the CEO's WAN, or our school's LAN or to do Novell training or our cert 2/3 in IT etc.
At times, it really was a battle of the showoff ego's!!! Because I wasnt a computer teacher, I didnt fit in :( with their nerdy ways..............:)

HSC
haha my yr 11 advanced english teacher...she knew absolutely nothing!!!!!!!...shes never taught the course before. our class started with 18 pplz....eventually came down to about 8, everyone dropped down because of her.

e.g one day she was trying to explain what rhetorical questions were...her example was "now a rhetorical question might be something like this...I'm miss Brown right?....and obviously i am, therefore its a rhetorical question" O_O

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
ooh i completely forgot about one of my worst teachers....
i posted this in another thread ages ago:

some fiftyish old lady with a walking stick walks in and she's meant to be our [english] teacher. the principal tells us she's had 20yrs experience with hsc english blah blah blah.

she opens up the excel book and READS IT TO US. she doesn't know what aliteration is. she gets written notes off other teachers. in one of the harwood poems, it talks about mother's milk or something, so ms excel starts talking about her own saggy boobs :eek: :eek: :eek:!!

after a few days of puttin gup with this, our class just started ignoring her, formed our own circle and discussed gwen harwood amongst ourselves. and we met up at recess and lunch to share notes and stuff. she tells us that yes, she has taught adv english before but that was TWENTY YEARS AGO. next lesson, she's not there and we hear that she resigned :D (she couldn't even handle the yr7s).
raaaaaah. just htinking about her pisses me off :chainsaw: our class ended up doing pretty well, though, even after having seven english teachers throught yr11 and 12 -__-;;

jesshika

supreme being
Originally posted by Survivor39
hmmm....the worst one by far is this fat bald English teacher in year 9, who throws duster at students! For example students that are talking, sometimes whispering.

my geo teacher in yr 10 used to do that .. but not for the reason that the students were talking .... .... he was weird !

also my yr 10 commerce teacher used to hint us the answers to the exam questions .. he was kool .. haahaha

jesshika

supreme being
Originally posted by bubz :D

she opens up the excel book and READS IT TO US. she doesn't know what aliteration is. she gets written notes off other teachers. in one of the harwood poems, it talks about mother's milk or something, so ms excel starts talking about her own saggy boobs :eek: :eek: :eek:!!

omg !!
that is disgusting >.<"

04er

HSC
Originally posted by Sarah168
urgh that is NOTHING compared to this substitute teacher (in primary school though) who tried to predict my future and was waving her arms in my face and chanting!! :eek: like WTF?!
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Hmm... one teacher: Ms. Kok - the name says it all :p

Teleph

Look mum i'm a Starrrr
HSC
LOL Don't get me started on shit teachers...I used to go to Sefton and for all those who went there...*sign*

I swear all the casuals I had in Sefton were either Indian or chinese (nothing againest Indians or chinese). Its like sooo bad..I still wonder sometimes how can a teacher who can't even speak Eng get a job as a english casual teacher...Rkn they are like refugees and the school pay them like 1 cent/ hr to work.

Now I'm out of Sefton and landed in Tech...and just when I thought I saw all the shittest teachers in the world..God proved me wrong..again. I met the muther of all failures of teachers. She is soo bad that who ever get her dies in that subject. At the end of year 12 like her whole class either requested to change lines or simply quit the subject. BUT guess what...bad luck to those who changed lines because she takes both LINES so those people who changed landed in her class again ROFL.

Oh well there is one adv to teachers like them...after a test u can argue with her about something for like 30 min and she will finally give up and give u the marks even if u are wrong....good for those people with negioation skills

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
Knights territory.... and I'm a Doggies supporter!
HSC
Originally posted by smegthehead
we had a relief teacher once that looked like santa, and this guy i knew started singing jingle bells and he went absolutely mental, i mean it was like he had painful suppressed memories from his childhood or something :p
hey we had one similar at my old school, and he was a relief teacher,we'd get hours of entertainment out of him!.. was he skinny smeg? this one taught science...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)