desperate need for related text - Frontline (1 Viewer)

red_head

Im going crazy coz i dont have a second related text for frontline. any ideas guys??

allyteaded

why is everyone looking for media material??

It's better to broaden your options, really. If you do art, why don't you do a painting, sculpture... etc? If you do drama, why not a play? If you like animations, why not do an animation?

*puff cloud*

Anyway, as long as your material demonstrates how an individual/power structure (such as politicians, pop idols, sports idols, religious figures and yeah, ok, the media...) can make statements that come to be accepted as true (by society or a group of people) then it's excellent material!

Provided that you can write about it... make sure you discuss why people believe what they are saying is true.

You can even get a picture! Say it's about raising money for third world countries and the subject is a child. You can say how it uses stereotypes; provokes empathy from responders... etc.

k?

These days... anything is a text.

My english teacher was saying how someone used a shopping receipt as a text. But I won't go into that...

Last edited:

Chelle

You could goto the cnnnn website, and grab a newspaper article from The Chaser, or pick a copy of The Chaser up if you can actually find it..

GoodLuck.

Leap

free falling
HSC
Try and find an article about the whole Natasha Ryan thing, you know how she hid in a house with the milkman for 4 years or something and a man was trialled for her murder? There was huge media circus about the whole thing, theres got to be a relevent article somewhere.

Also, the poem "The Unknown citizen" was suggested to me once. Theres heaps of techniques in it...not sure how relevent it is though.
Good luck!!

Last edited:

Apathetic

You can use anything! In the English sylabus, anything and everything is considered a text. Try to use a different medium, seeing as frontline is a tv program, try not to use that medium, although there are a couple of simpsons episodes that are good. Use a cartoon, a newspaper article, a self help article about change, a book, a short story, you see where I'm going. You can use anything you like as long as you can justify why it is related to truth in the media, or lack of, hehe...
Good luck!

Leap

free falling
HSC
Use a cartoon, a newspaper article, a self help article about change, a book, a short story, you see where I'm going. You can use anything you like as long as you can justify why it is related to truth in the media, or lack of, hehe...
Yeah in class we did a picture book called Voices in the park by Anthony Browne. It would actully be a really good related text if you could get hold of a copy of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)