Desperate Need Of An Accounting Tutor (1 Viewer)

maybelle6

HSC
hi there i am in serious need of an accounting tutor, i am doing my first year Business degree with accounting as a compulsory unit.. I have a few assignments at the moment and need a lot of help,
WILL PAY GOOD MONEY!!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
How much money is good money? Also, are you willing to travel or do you want the tutor to come to you? Is a distinction average in first year accounting a sufficient qualification?

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
D average, work in accounting.. look no further .. lawlll...

but umm.. where do you even live? lawll....

maybelle6

HSC
Yeah theyre both great qualifications!! I am in the city where abouts are you guys from and how much would you want?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I can travel to the city. I charge $70/hour, or I could sell you my super-awesome notes for $50.

what textbook do you use?

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
^

because universities are greedy.

the money you pay doesnt go towards your education

it goes towards their research budgets

you should know this

my contribution alone for a subject is enough to pay for what my tutor earns for teaching 12 weeks worth of tutorials

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
stazi said:
I can travel to the city. I charge $70/hour, or I could sell you my super-awesome notes for $50.

what textbook do you use?
That's extortion for someone who isn't even majoring in accounting...and I'm not saying majoring in accounting justifies 70 an hr either...

Edit: I agree with those ppl who say go to consultation hrs. Go and attend repeat lecs/tutes. The amount of ppl who screw up basic 1st yr accounting and dont bother to go to consultations is ridiculous.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lol...extortion? I'm a super-awesome tutor and can charge the price that I deem fit, as I'm a marketer. Quality = higher prices. You wouldn't say that charging $50 for a bottle of shampoo is extortion when other shampoos are cheaper, if the shampoo is premium quality.

Also, i'm white.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Yeah he is white. so thats worth premium in itself.

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
Don't think $70 is exortion for university level tutoring.

Tradesmen charge more than that for less than an hours work.

Poor price on education these days.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
Vagabond said:
Don't think $70 is exortion for university level tutoring.

Tradesmen charge more than that for less than an hours work.

Poor price on education these days.
there is usually a skills shortage in tradesman.

also most uni students i would think can't afford $70 an hour, stazi you do marketing...

stazi

Nightman
HSC
melanieeeee. said:
there is usually a skills shortage in tradesman.

also most uni students i would think can't afford $70 an hour, stazi you do marketing...
However, I have done accounting and know the 1A and 1B material very well. This material is still fresh to me as I took the units last year and succeeded in them.

University level tutoring, i.e. actually tutoring the classes at uni is around $70/hour, if i recall correctly.

Also, although many students can't afford $70/hour, some students can afford that price. Some students buy $400 jeans, others buy $50 jeans. I calculated what price I would be happy tutoring at given my current earnings and the fact that it would only be one hour every week, or less often and preparation would be required.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)