Desperately need help on subjects - should i drop chemistry for ancient history (1 Viewer)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Oh whoops. I dont think i paid any attention to anything. Lol

yep chem sounds good. Just out of interest, not like i will do it anything, does bachelor of ancient history needs us to do ancient in our senior?
Aha good, you can't utilise my method then :p

I'm unsure about the bachelor of ancient history. Try googling but i don't it - you probably just need to bring along your brain :)

Gee i really wonder how did u get that high ATAR. XD
LOL i'm a natural strategist and i seem to absorb info without much effort ^^

TrainXIV

HSC
Since you said you're lazy, your love for ancient history could motivate your a lot more than the need for chemistry (which isn't absolutely necessary anyway). Up to you though, you sound decided =)
Thanks for reminding me of my laziness lol. Anyways, im actually thinkin of goin to Uni of Qld. Does MBBS there needs chem?

TrainXIV

HSC
Aha good, you can't utilise my method then :p

I'm unsure about the bachelor of ancient history. Try googling but i don't it - you probably just need to bring along your brain :)

LOL i'm a natural strategist and i seem to absorb info without much effort ^^
yeah u can keep the originality of ur method to urself ;)

hopefully by the time i finish school, a good uni provide a dual degree of mbbs n ancient (which is very unlikely).

U r definitely a natural strategist. Is making strategies another form of ur art? Lol

tarnished

HSC
N/A
I would tell you to keep both, but, hey, I'm biased - Chemistry and Ancient are my favourite (and strongest) subjects. xD

To be honest, if you absolutely HAD to choose, I'd pick Chemistry over Ancient History.

1) Humanities are usually riskier than the sciences unless you're topping/near the top of your school for that subject. Why? For the sciences (especially for Chem), the syllabus is THE Bible, and, therefore, as the questions will not diverge much from it, Chemistry can be more predictable. Which is good, if you're a straightforward, hardworking fellow.

With the humanities (although this doesn't apply as much to Ancient, as it has more memorising than Mod. does), due to an arguably more "wishy-washy" syllabus, they can be harder to predict; it's more likely than in Chem that the exam would send you a left field question. I know that this is a controversial statement, but that's what I've seen in a lot of cases.

2.) Scaling. A petty reason, but if you're serious about Med, it is something to take into consideration.

Such a pity you have to choose between such awesome subjects though. Why can't BOS just let us drop English Adv/Standard instead? The AOS is killing me (although Modules are okay so far). D:

P.S. If you're 12+ units, don't do both. Unless you're extremely time efficient, outstandingly intelligent, or uber dilligent, 13-14 units (particularly with a Maths and/or English ext. unit) will start to take a toll on you. That's why I'm dropping 4unit English. :/

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
yeah u can keep the originality of ur method to urself ;)

hopefully by the time i finish school, a good uni provide a dual degree of mbbs n ancient (which is very unlikely).

U r definitely a natural strategist. Is making strategies another form of ur art? Lol
Hehehehe. Strategies a form of art eh? I suppose so :)

Yay you're doing chem. I personally would hate to learn ancient history, although i like watching docos about it + reading about it XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)