destructive and non-destructive testing (1 Viewer)

Vampire

KOLLARZUP!!
HSC
What the hell is destructive and non-destructive testing? Our techer rekons its in the syllabus so he gave us an assignment to do on it. I can find heaps on non-destructive testing just not destructive testing...any help would be appreciated.

tennille

HSC
I don't think that's in the syllabus...for what topic? I know we didn't learn that and there haven't been HSC questions based on that for the past few years...that's odd...unless I've missed something...

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
1- it is in the syllabus: note the topics 'start' at 9.2 thats cause 9.1 is 'physics skiils' this is where this dot point is, u gotta know this shit cause a few years ago in earth and enviro they asked about the work of an australian scientist whish isnt in a topic but is iin this first intro area
2- destructive/nondestructive is just wat it says, destructive may be if u test pH by adding indicator 2 a solution(which will destruct the sample) whereas if u use an electronis pH scanner, this is non destructive on the sample

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
well sooooooorey, y shud i do all ya work 4 ya, lol, well u from wat i see, u just gotta know the basic idea of wat it means, i suppose that if ya gotta do an assignemnt on it, u could just giv a heap of examples on each and include actual testin/research bein done that fits into each area??

soje

there is a dotpoint that compares destructive and non-destructive testing in the chemistry option - forensics

go look it up at hsc.csu.edu.au

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Destructive testing destroys the original sample and makes it unusable, such as adding indicator.

Non destructive testing although possibly slightly damaging allows the sample to be used again (such as a pH probe)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)