det email/opal in uni (1 Viewer)

mini8658

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, uhhh, what happens to our det portal emails and opal cards next year? I heard (about our det email) that it expires next year, and that some uni's have their own personal email. Is that true for all uni's? Do you automatically get that email when you enroll, or is it only if you're in a certain group/src/class or something, etc?

As for the opals, from my memory every year of hs we got new ones, in uni do we get issued a new opal every year as well? (lol jk) Or is it just concession opals for everyone?

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys, uhhh, what happens to our det portal emails and opal cards next year? I heard (about our det email) that it expires next year, and that some uni's have their own personal email. Is that true for all uni's? Do you automatically get that email when you enroll, or is it only if you're in a certain group/src/class or something, etc?

As for the opals, from my memory every year of hs we got new ones, in uni do we get issued a new opal every year as well? (lol jk) Or is it just concession opals for everyone?
DET emails are closed 6 months after graduation. Most unis will have their own email system of a kind (I know UOW does). That email is set aside for you as well as your account/access to computers/wifi at the same time.

With regards to opal cards, you can apply for one new grey concession opal card at the start of uni, that is valid until you finish (that is as long as your student ID, usually a library card is valid)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)