Development of Kuringai Campus (1 Viewer)

jboystudent

HSC
Hey everyone, Im in School and doing a proj. on,
The effects of the proposed development of the UTS site,Focusing on:
Flora + fauna
Transport
Local community

Anyway i was wondering what your attitudes towards the development are???

Its for the Senior Gegraphy Project. Anyway any thoughts or Help would be great !

:eek:

Last edited:
HSC
i thought that KG was closing down after 2009...since when was it being redeveloped?

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
There are some proposed housing plans floating somewhere, none of which has been confirmed yet. After 2009, UTS will process all KG students to the City I believe.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Oooohhh will the science building extension be done by then, or are they just consolidating everyone?

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
On the O-week tour my guide said they were gonna extend building four across the lawns at the back of building one to join up with building 2.

They're demolishing stuff there now, right?

:/

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Azamakumar said:
On the O-week tour my guide said they were gonna extend building four across the lawns at the back of building one to join up with building 2.

They're demolishing stuff there now, right?

:/
Hmm.. They were demolishing that ugly building named "Building T". Not sure about joining up Bld 4 and Bld 2...

Oh here:
"In line with the University Campus Development Plan, Building T (the eye-sore on Jones St opposite Building 10) will be demolished over the Summer break, to minimise disruptions and physical risk to students. The area will initially be landscaped to allow more open space." (http://email.itd.uts.edu.au/UTSInBrief/vcd26October2007.html).

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
the_avec said:
was building t ever even used and was it always owned by uts

i thought that was some tafe building or something
I have no idea what Building T used to be used for- but I know it was really ugly though! (even worse than Building 1).

the_avec said:
also wtf is happening with kurangai does anyone actually know what the situation is... is the campus shutting or not
The housing development plans are being rejected by the community, and there is also a fight between local and state council planning regulations. Nothing has been finalised- but Ku-Ring-Gai students have been guaranteed their spots there until 2009.

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
question 1: why does it have to close down after i graduate?

question 2: why does it have to close down after i graduate?

question 3: does the kurringgai cafeteria still make garbage food?

question 4: why does it have to close down after i graduate?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)