ohhhh DFEE cut off! yeah sounds good
oh that sucks! both CSP and DFEE will be high

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
xclusv2bhung said:
aye um ,
was just wondering , you know when people say DFEE courses have a lower UAI cut-off than CSP , how big exactly is the drop in UAIs ?
is it around .. say 5 or something ?
It may not be necessarily a big drop depending on the course. Remember that they have limited vacancies for DFEE as well, so just because you're 5 or less points under the CSP cut-off doesn't mean that you're guaranteed a DFEE spot.
For 2007 Admissions, the cut-off for DFEE was HIGHER than the cut-off for CSP for Optometry at UNSW. The difference was pretty significant as well. For CSP, it was 98.75 and for DFEE it was 99.50....
Apparently, some idiots put DFEE for Optometry at UNSW at a higher preference over CSP.....

All the 2007 Admission CSP cut-offs can be viewed here:
http://www.uac.edu.au/pdf/2007_uai_coffs_csp_main.pdf

All the 2007 Admission DFEE cut-offs can be viewed here:
http://www.uac.edu.au/pdf/2007_uai_coffs_dfee_main.pdf

Buiboi said:
hmmmm is pharmacy a really popular option this year?!? .....cause that 96.45 UAI minimum could go even higher...im starting to shit myself here
Nope, theres about 200 places for Pharmacy at USYD and it was very popular within my school because about 10 people got into it (the only course more popular than Pharmacy in my grade was Commerce). I think the UAI cut-off was 95.** for Pharmacy (check your UAC book, it should be there where the details of each course are outlined...) in 2007 and 95.95 in 2006 Admissions. It was 96.** before, because they only had like 100 places. Now that they've increased the number of vacancies, the UAI cut-off eventually lowered.

Also, I'm pretty sure 96.45 was the cut-off for Advanced Science for 2007 Admissions, not Pharmacy. I know people who got somewhere within 95-96 UAI and got into Pharmacy, so it has to be 95.**, if not lower....lol

Last edited by a moderator:

~untitled~

HSC
Just go CSP, have the satisfaction of acieving a good UAI, and have heaps cheaper fees.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Trebla said:
It may not be necessarily a big drop depending on the course. Remember that they have limited vacancies for DFEE as well, so just because you're 5 or less points under the CSP cut-off doesn't mean that you're guaranteed a DFEE spot.
For 2007 Admissions, the cut-off for DFEE was HIGHER than the cut-off for CSP for Optometry at UNSW. The difference was pretty significant as well. For CSP, it was 98.75 and for DFEE it was 99.50....
Apparently, some idiots put DFEE for Optometry at UNSW at a higher preference over CSP.....

All the 2007 Admission CSP cut-offs can be viewed here:
http://www.uac.edu.au/pdf/2007_uai_coffs_csp_main.pdf

All the 2007 Admission DFEE cut-offs can be viewed here:
http://www.uac.edu.au/pdf/2007_uai_coffs_dfee_main.pdf

Nope, theres about 200 places for Pharmacy at USYD and it was very popular within my school because about 10 people got into it (the only course more popular than Pharmacy in my grade was Commerce). I think the UAI cut-off was 95.** for Pharmacy (check your UAC book, it should be there where the details of each course are outlined...) in 2007 and 95.95 in 2006 Admissions. It was 96.** before, because they only had like 100 places. Now that they've increased the number of vacancies, the UAI cut-off eventually lowered.

Also, I'm pretty sure 96.45 was the cut-off for Advanced Science for 2007 Admissions, not Pharmacy. I know people who got somewhere within 95-96 UAI and got into Pharmacy, so it has to be 95.**, if not lower....lol
Thanks for your post , Trebla.
It helped a lot =D
Oh and I checked , the pharmacy UAI for 2007 was 95.15.

Oh and about how many spots there are , how did you find out there were 200 ?

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
Grim.Reaper said:
DFEE is lower. i think what sprinkles means is that the uai was raised for DFEE courses (or whatever course) but it still wasnt higher than CSP.

gettit?
Nope, the DFEE UAI was actually higher than the CSP. It does happen, because like I said it depends on demand.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Sprinkles~ said:
Nope, the DFEE UAI was actually higher than the CSP. It does happen, because like I said it depends on demand.
hope for my sake , everyone picks DFEE this year :D

soopacow

Igloo?
HSC
zangetsu.xo said:
yeah like my friend got like 89ish and got into commerce which was like... 95 orsomethinglikethat...
i hope something like that happens again next year...
I know a friend who got 89 that is doing commerce at UNSW this year... when I first heard it I was like "OMG WOW I wish that happens to me!!" But then later I found out it was actually the Commerce (hospitality, management and tourism) or something, which requires a minimum UAI of 88 this year and an interview I think....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)