DFEE for medicine??? (1 Viewer)

wu89

HSC
my friend goes to bond uni and she's doing physio or something along the lines of that and she said the bank will give you a loan if you do a physio or medicine course as they know you'll definitely have the money to pay them back.
also if you go to bond uni you can obtain a loan from ANZ as the bank has some type of agreement with bond.
i'm going to bond uni next year, but i luckily have a half scholarship so i only need to borrow half from fee help or whatever its called which has a 20% interest (yikes) added on top of the borrowed amount.

Season

HSC
wu89 said:
my friend goes to bond uni and she's doing physio or something along the lines of that and she said the bank will give you a loan if you do a physio or medicine course as they know you'll definitely have the money to pay them back.
also if you go to bond uni you can obtain a loan from ANZ as the bank has some type of agreement with bond.
i'm going to bond uni next year, but i luckily have a half scholarship so i only need to borrow half from fee help or whatever its called which has a 20% interest (yikes) added on top of the borrowed amount.
Why are you going to bond? Why not go to a lesser uni and use the money to go on some massive holiday or something??

wu89

HSC
Season said:
Why are you going to bond? Why not go to a lesser uni and use the money to go on some massive holiday or something??
well the half scholarship ($54900) is paying for a combined degree that i WANT to do, so its not like im forcing myself to do degrees which i don't want to do.
so why not take a scholarship which pays for the degree you want to do???
do you get what i mean?
(plus im out 2 years earlier which is a bonus.)

Season

HSC
wu89 said:
well the half scholarship ($54900) is paying for a combined degree that i WANT to do, so its not like im forcing myself to do degrees which i don't want to do.
so why not take a scholarship which pays for the degree you want to do???
do you get what i mean?
(plus im out 2 years earlier which is a bonus.)
Oh I thought you were paying out of your own pocket, nevermind

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
ssejamafone said:
really? Wow, that makes me feel a lot better now. I think i might actually be able to get into med after all :)

ps. sorry for incriminating u. but, i'm so sure i read it somewhere....
You must be careful applying as a non-standard as most uni's have a quota and many uni's such as UAdel, Monash, etc do not accept non-standards.

Also you must keep your options open in case your non-standard application fails, such as post-grad med or finishing your current degree, etc.

wu89

HSC
Season said:
Oh I thought you were paying out of your own pocket, nevermind
yer if i didn't have the scholarship i would be going elsewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)