• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

diagnose me: always tired (1 Viewer)

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
No matter how much I sleep (and i usually sleep about 9 hours), my eyes always have that tired feeling. And my lower eye has that pink look that you get when you're tired.

What could it be?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Marmalade. said:
No matter how much I sleep (and i usually sleep about 9 hours), my eyes always have that tired feeling. And my lower eye has that pink look that you get when you're tired.

What could it be?
If you feel constant tiredness despite 9 hours of sleep, there is something wrong with the way in which you sleep. Consult with the doctor and he/she will advise you how to sleep better and well.

I am fully aware that everyone's need for sleep is different but 9 hours is usually sufficient for 95% of the population. I sleep around 5-7 hours and if I sleep more than that, I get tired. So have a look at how much you should sleep.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Go to a doctor, get a blood test, a full blood count with a few tests thrown in can diganose many things much better than any of us could. Plus tiredness is a symptom of a multitude of things

A few things I can think of that have tiredness as a symptom(I am not a doctor so please go to one):
*Iron Deficiency (Esp. if you are female, your gender is undisclosed)
*Hypothyroidism (esp if you mean your eyes are pink and puffy)
* Breathing issues, I've heard that many people who dont breathe properly when they sleep feel tired even after a good nights sleep.
*Glandular Fever
*Poor diet

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
Those things are pretty spot on, but:
- i had my iron tested about a year ago and it was normal
- i've been tested for glandular fever and i already had it a couple of years ago according to the results - although they do say that sometimes if you don't rest enough while you have the virus it can take years to feel okay and i didn't know about it until at least a year after it was gone
- my diet is healthy

I hate that it could be a million things. I realise now that this has been going on for about a year, shit. I will have to go to the doctor. It seems a bit lame to be going to the doctor about tiredness, I expect they'll just say it's stress like they always do.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Maybe you have low blood pressure, get it checked.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Marmalade. said:
Those things are pretty spot on, but:
- i had my iron tested about a year ago and it was normal.
Get your iron tested again, a lot can change in a year and underlying medical conditions can effect iron levels.

I unfortunately have blood tests every three months for Iron levels (as I have a medical condition which means I cannot absorb iron properly from food) and for my Thyroid function blah think I am due for one again.

Also think if you have any other symptoms that could be related. I'm sure though if you tell the doc its been a year I am sure they wont think its lame!

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
^ no that's not it either. i've had it checked recently (i sound like i've had heaps of tests done, don't i)

Is it normal to sometimes, like maybe once a month, stand up and have your vision somewhat black out. That's usually a symptom of low blood pressure but I don't have that.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Marmalade. said:
^ no that's not it either. i've had it checked recently (i sound like i've had heaps of tests done, don't i)

Is it normal to sometimes, like maybe once a month, stand up and have your vision somewhat black out. That's usually a symptom of low blood pressure but I don't have that.
Ok, here is a checklist:
  1. Look at your daily activities (are they rigorous?)
  2. Look at your body clock (do you sleep at normal time and wake up at normal time?)
  3. Look at your amount of sleep
  4. Try sleep at different amount to see which is suitable for you (don't reallt recommend this...)
  5. Take some vitamins and some medicines that can enhance your daily performance.
  6. Look at your diet.
  7. Look at your sleeping pattern & sleeping habit

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
hows ure calcium and potassium? mabbe u should sleep less than 9 hrs..
other hormones.. TSH..
sugars.. anion gap...

so many more tests.. mabbe ur just not exercising..

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
when I wear my contacts for too long and my eyes dry I feel like I'm tired when I don't really think i am

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
9 hours?

To be honest, whenever i sleep 9 hours I am definately sleepy throughout the day.

9 hours without a big night of alcohol before is oversleeping to me.

oversleeping = more tiredness

quik.

HSC
How active are you? Just curious. Also, what do you mean by your diet is healthy?

Anyways, I would be inclined to think you are either oversleeping (if I go over 7-8 the first half of the day is a groggy haze at best) or you're just a heaps lazy one with a shit diet and are lethargic.

The blacking out thing may mean your blood pressure isn't right, if you're body can't maintain the right pressure when you stand up something might be out of wack... see a doctor if it gets to be commonplace.

pete_mate

HSC
i sleep like 9 hours aswell, i can make do with 8 but prefer 9-10.

i dont feel sleepy during the day though..

i didnt know needing more than 8 hours was an illness

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
melsc said:
Get TSH tested, low thyroid function is under diagnosed and the symptoms are so common and easy to miss, like tiredness.

Have you also had blood sugar levels done?

i thought i said tat?=P

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
melsc said:
I was reinforcing lol. Its such a simple test but often missed particularly if your thin like me.
lol i always run it... its so cheap... :p

im almost convinced ur GP is negligent if they dun do a TSH or BGL when ure young and tired and otherwise healthy..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)