• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Diagnose me - I have no time for doctors (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just.Snaz

HSC
In the middle of the night, I wake up with one eye (sometimes both) watering extensively. My pillow gets soaked.

What the hell is it?

It's not some sort of major disaster I'm having that prevents me from study or anything and I've got my trials on friday so I don't have time to go to a doctor for something so small. It's just extremely annoying cause it means I have to get up every night and dry my eye then sleep on my back so that, I suppose, gravity can stop it. And I usually sleep on my side so it gets pretty irritating.

It's been going on for a while. Any ideas on what it could be?

Thanks guys :)

Charity F

póg mo thóin
HSC
N/A
Do you get a lot of sleep in your eyes, and do they go red?

according to doctor friends, this is a conjunctivitis-type bug that's been going around this winter.

my mum got it twice, and my dad did too.

um, my parents went to the doctor and got some pills for it, i think. i'm not sure what exactly, but i could check for you later.

you probably really should try and find some time to check it checked properly.
if they're all filled up, just walk in and let them know you want to be seen.
you'll have to wait ~2hours though.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
allergy

fuck off to the doctor and get a skin prick test done

either that or it's conjunc, but you'd be getting red, puffy eyes and a crusty green discharge. inthat case, go to dr. or ED room and get some chlorsig

Charity F

póg mo thóin
HSC
N/A
hmmm, well the GP said my mum's one was an allergical reaction.

but my dad's one wasn't.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
or you may have scratched your eye ball which is causing an irritation and thus the discharge

EITHER WAY IF IT'S REALLY THAT IRRITATING, GO AND SEE A DOCTOR.

coz you know, none of us are doctors and we cant diagnose shit over the internets

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Charity F said:
hmmm, well the GP said my mum's one was an allergical reaction.

but my dad's one wasn't.
well conjunc can be caused by an allergy or a bacteria. if it's the bacteria causing it, more often than not you'll find it'll infect both eyes

Just.Snaz

HSC
katie tully said:
allergy

fuck off to the doctor and get a skin prick test done

either that or it's conjunc, but you'd be getting red, puffy eyes and a crusty green discharge. inthat case, go to dr. or ED room and get some chlorsig
ew grose.. nah my eye's not red nor is there any crusty green discharge.

I don't see how it could be an allergy if my sleeping arrangements have been exactly the same for quite some time now and my bed sheets and stuff are changed regularly. I don't sneeze or itch, I just have very water eyes and then a runny-nose follows.

Could sleeping patterns have any effect? I don't sleep very well

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
if you're excessively tired and spend a lot of time infront of a computer or a television screen then you can be causing irritation to your eyes

you blink significantly less when you stare at a screen, and if you go to bed and your eyes are sore, this may be what is causing the discharge

same with staring at books

if this is the case, you may need to see an optom and get fitted for glasses (especially if you're straining the muscles), and you may want to get an anti glare screen for your computer

Just.Snaz

HSC
katie tully said:
or you may have scratched your eye ball which is causing an irritation and thus the discharge

EITHER WAY IF IT'S REALLY THAT IRRITATING, GO AND SEE A DOCTOR.

coz you know, none of us are doctors and we cant diagnose shit over the internets
well it's not really that irritating, i was just curious to what it could be. I'll get it checked later when I finish.

oh and I wear glasses - which give me terrible headaches if I've got them on for too long (which I do these days cause i'm always studying/on the computer). But I know what the headaches are cause by.

EDIT: sorry just read your post. That sounds right - everything fits in together.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
if you get headaches from wearing your glasses too long, you may need to go and get another evaluation.
i wear glasses for reading and computer, and im the opposite. if i dont wear them i get tired eyes and they water like ive just watched milo and otis.

Just.Snaz

HSC
katie tully said:
if you get headaches from wearing your glasses too long, you may need to go and get another evaluation.
i wear glasses for reading and computer, and im the opposite. if i dont wear them i get tired eyes and they water like ive just watched milo and otis.
Oh yeah, I got them checked up at the optometrist. Because I'm short sighted, if I'm wearing my glasses and looking at things close up, my muscles are too strained and I get headaches. I try not to wear them but then everything I see from far, I register slower because it takes me just a tiny bit slower to figure out what it is.

Pretty annoying really but I'll probably get contacts for uni and let my eyes get used to it.

Just.Snaz

HSC
Highly doubt it. It's been going on for a long time and the runny-nose comes and goes quickly.

Lebstr

HSC
i just honestly cnt belive u wont go cause of ur trials :S i think ur health is 100 times important then trials. u need ur health for ur whole life u only need trials for a few weeks

HSC
Lebstr said:
i just honestly cnt belive u wont go cause of ur trials :S i think ur health is 100 times important then trials. u need ur health for ur whole life u only need trials for a few weeks
ahahaha, stupid lebo.

Just.Snaz

HSC
Lebstr said:
yeah if it was life threatening. But it's not is it? And as a matter of fact, the more time I spend checking up all my weird symptoms, the less I study and thus the more I stress, which makes me more sick.

I'd rather have a small nuisance for 2 more weeks than stress and bomb out in trials, then feel even more shit and bomb out in the HSC. Then my health will really become critical.

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC
I get watery eyes wearing my glasses, and a headache. =/

It sucks.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
how much weed have you been smoking?? maybe smoke more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)