DIAGNOSE ME: I've got a lump under my arm, in my armpit. Could this be cancerous? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Okay, first thing's first, let me say that there isn't so much a history of cancer in my family, except my mum did have breast cancer. I've noticed a lump appear in my armpit, but it appeared instantaneously rather than gradually. It's like a small ball under the skin, and I'm able to get hold of it in my fingers. Also, on the exterior, it has a reddish-pinkish colour. I've noticed this in my underarm on previous occasions, but it's never been so large and it just disappeared last time. If you need any more details, please, leave me a comment and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Oh, and BTW, I'm going to see a doctor about this, but I just thought I'd get an opinion from you guys first because in the past you gus have been good at pinpointing an exact condition.

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
Odds on it's a swollen lymph node. Go see a GP. Find one that bulk bills if you can't afford one outright.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
ChockoRepublic said:
Nah, it can't be. I haven't been doing much physical activity because I've been studying.
arm movement = BO formation in males
DEFINITELY build up of BO.

HSC
Captain Hero said:
Odds on it's a swollen lymph node. Go see a GP. Find one that bulk bills if you can't afford one outright.
Yeah, I'll go and see my local GP about it after my HSC. I finish in a week anyway. Thanks brother.

HSC
wixxy2348 said:
AHAHAHAHAHA, the only arm movement I've had for the last couple of weeks is the occasional practice essay I've written, and maybe the odd toss. That's about it.

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
wixxy2348 said:
Your current aim in life is to go to UWS. Go sit in a corner and cry or something.

HSC
xJennax said:
My friend had something similar and it was a cyst.
Yeah, I also thought it might be a cyst. Not too sure though. I'll do some research and try to pinpoint my symptoms with a condition.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Yeah I used to get that as well.

They were painful little buggers, too.

Did nothing about it and they went away.

HSC
scarybunny said:
Yeah I used to get that as well.

They were painful little buggers, too.

Did nothing about it and they went away.
Really? Were you able to grab it in your fingers and like roll it around? Wow, that sounds REALLY disgusting. Like, it isn't attached to anything. It's just a little ball under the skin.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
ChockoRepublic said:
Really? Were you able to grab it in your fingers and like roll it around? Wow, that sounds REALLY disgusting. Like, it isn't attached to anything. It's just a little ball under the skin.
Yeah. About the size of a pea? I assumed it was a crazy ingrown or a swollen lymph gland or something, and it just went away.

But by all means get it checked out.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Captain Hero said:
Your current aim in life is to go to UWS. Go sit in a corner and cry or something.
mehh whatever.

As for the lump, if it's about the size of a marble it's probably your lymph node (as Captain Hero said).
Painful as.... they go away with time though so you'll be right. Get it checked out anyway, coz there may be an underlying infection elsewhere (thus the cause of the swelling).

HSC
Yep Cap. Hero, I think you're right. I just did some background research, and a swollen lymph node sounds on the money.

Thanks for your help!

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
I have had this before, went to doctor and it was because I was using roll on deodorant or some crap.

X

xeuyrawp

sunjet said:
I have had this before, went to doctor and it was because I was using roll on deodorant or some crap.
Wtf! Your deodorant caused a lump under your skin, near one of the body's critical organs? :-/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)