Diagnostic Test????!!!??? (1 Viewer)

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
I got a letter from uts telling me to do some diagnostic test on maths, physics and english...errr do u need to study cause i sold all of my notes and textbook arggg i dont want to fail!!!! i wasnt even aware of such diagnotic test......

:burn:

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Which courses did you apply for at UTS?

It probably has something to do with the prior knowledge you require to enter your course.

Last edited:

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
i apply to combined degree b.engineering and b.biotech (mmm...maybe this thread should move to engineering forum)

but i do the require knowledge thingy, i did advanced english, 2u maths 3u maths and physics?

Last edited:

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
According to the handbook entry (http://www.handbook.uts.edu.au/eng/ug/c10078.html):

Additional assumed knowledge
Mathematics Extension 1; Physics; and English Standard.
English Advanced is recommended.

If you have done these subjects, I do not see the point of a diagnostic test as per the letter you received. You could ring up the Faculty of Engineering and enquire about it.

Nosviper

HSC
I agree. I have completed and past HSC physics and english. I should only be tested on the maths since I didnt do 3 unit. What could they possible ask us for physics anyway.. do we get calculators and stuff?

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
yea i think u need calculators bring it anways, my calculator gives my comfort in maths exam. Maths is multiple choice i think, english is on engineering communication (not sure what they ask for english) physics i have no idea

note for nos: i pm u on bored about the test

Last edited:

crazysambo

HSC
To help identify those students who may benefit from additional help in some areas of study, every NEW student commencing studies for a UTS undergraduate degree in the Faculty of Engineering must complete diagnostic tests in English, Maths and Physics before semester begins.

Any student who does not successfully complete these tests will be withdrawn from the relevant Core or Foundation subjects they are enrolled in. Click here for more information.

this is from the uts site: http://www.eng.uts.edu.au/Current_Students/NewStudents/

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
crazysambo said:
To help identify those students who may benefit from additional help in some areas of study, every NEW student commencing studies for a UTS undergraduate degree in the Faculty of Engineering must complete diagnostic tests in English, Maths and Physics before semester begins.

Any student who does not successfully complete these tests will be withdrawn from the relevant Core or Foundation subjects they are enrolled in. Click here for more information.

this is from the uts site: http://www.eng.uts.edu.au/Current_Students/NewStudents/
dude ur just regurgitating a section of the uts letter that it is sent to every undergraduate engineering student.

sample test: http://science.uniserve.edu.au/pubs/procs/2006/carmody.pdf

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
donnytuco said:
Cheeers for that, but do you know where the paper is for physics and English?
sorry, i think english will be about engineering communication and i have no idea about physics (prob ill just revise yr 12 again)

watiwat

HSC
is there anything specific we need to bring to these tests?

blay.tenshi

HSC
N/A
hmmmm is carmody the really young lecturer who lectures in MM2?

if so carmody is hot...

:S hope she doesn't see this hahahahaha... i had her for MM2 and i turned up to every lecture... she's a great teacher btw! boris on the other hand...was hard to understand... hmmmm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)