Did anybody not notice how boring physics was until now? (1 Viewer)

Sonata

HSC
physics is interesting since it applies to our everyday lives, like know what the transformers are and how they function etc. Though im not really enjoying my option astrophysics kinda boring

nisseltaria

HSC
m00 said:
honestly who cares if cathode ray's are in tv's? i didnt even know what they were before and I wouldnt've really given a shit anyway
we shuld be learning about cool stuff, projectile motion is pretty cool since you can throw a ball in real life and measure all that shit! but you're not gonna open up a tv and see all the shit inside because you'll break your tv
No, you will break your TV if you dismantle it. Some people can actually reassemble things too.

Why is measuring the flight of a ball interesting to you?

I hope you were at least vaguely amused by magnetic levitation.

Aaron.Judd

HSC
Sonata said:
physics is interesting since it applies to our everyday lives, like know what the transformers are and how they function etc. Though im not really enjoying my option astrophysics kinda boring
Astrophysics sort of bored me as well. I liked space, but not so much astrophysics.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
nisseltaria said:
No, you will break your TV if you dismantle it. Some people can actually reassemble things too.

Why is measuring the flight of a ball interesting to you?

I hope you were at least vaguely amused by magnetic levitation.
i told my mum that and she was like "holy crap thats amazing. wooow people can actually do that?":rolleyes:

Leo 100

HSC
N/A
Sonata said:
yes i totally see how we all need to know that for a space craft to succesfully land on earth it must be at an angle between 5.2 and 7.2
sooooo relevent to me

anyone else starting to stress?

Lanser7

HSC
lawrence.h said:
If I didn't know that g=Gm/r^2 gravity would exist anyway...
only because newton invented it when the apple hit him

but i think physics is probly one of the most interesting subjects you could do. everyone i kno is sick of me cause i always try to explain the physics of things like motors n solar panels

lawrence.h

HSC
okay okay okay.

I gueeeess the actual information in physics is kinda interesting, but answering questions like "outline Planck's contribution and theory as to why black body radiation...".
That is reaaally something I don't care about.
At home, doing a practice test, I just could not be bothered wasting 30 seconds of my life on something like that, so i just skip the question.
Of course...in the real thing I won't.

I'll be so glad after tomorrow. I FINISH!
My girlfriend finished on Thursday, while I've been stuck at home not studying anything but physics.

Previously, if I didn't want to study a boring subject, I'd just study maths because it was easy enough to sit down and do one exam question at a time. Now, I have no excuse to do maths. and if I did do maths now I'd just be an idiot who is crazy.

aussie-boy

HSC
im continually asking my teacher... but why is that?
and the answer is always - just bullshit your answers, its not in the syllabus and as long as you include the keyword (e.g. phonon) you'll get the marks

its a really stupid subject, and the marking scheme is fucking retarded

I-Love-Jesus

HSC
lawrence.h said:
At home, doing a practice test, I just could not be bothered wasting 30 seconds of my life on something like that, so i just skip the question.
30 seconds?! It takes me a lonnnng time to do any of the writing questions. I always do the calculations first, because they're my forte. It takes me probably triple the time to get each mark in a writing question than in a calculation question. And I'm more likely to get the marks in calculation questions.
I would say that 7 mark questions take me about 20 minutes on average.

HSC
BradlovesJesus said:
30 seconds?! It takes me a lonnnng time to do any of the writing questions. I always do the calculations first, because they're my forte. It takes me probably triple the time to get each mark in a writing question than in a calculation question. And I'm more likely to get the marks in calculation questions.
I would say that 7 mark questions take me about 20 minutes on average.
Exactly, which is why I've been answering the short answer section in dot points, if at all. Or maybe that's because I left most of the past papers till today and am rushing to finish them.

>_<

zxcvbee

HSC
N/A
i enjoyed physics.. up until we started M&G.. as a female frankly im not intrested in that stuff..
First topic was heaps WOAH you srs! haha so liked that (eg special relativity how cool was that!)
not that good at it but yer its alrite in terms of intresting, im mean compare it to like legal studies PHYS definaltly more intresting. and my class was random

so yer nehoo kinda screwed for tomo lol

i.testoni

HSC
zxcvbee said:
i enjoyed physics.. up until we started M&G.. as a female frankly im not intrested in that stuff..
as a female? well im a female and i really enjoy it. i think u mean as a person...

zxcvbee

HSC
N/A
i.testoni said:
as a female? well im a female and i really enjoy it. i think u mean as a person...
no i mean as a female

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
I enjoyed it alot, except our teacher was extremely smart, and we kept getting him led off course by asking past the syllabus. but yeah i do like it
studying is always shit boring though i dont know what you mean by now...

BackCountrySnow

HSC
theshortykatt said:
but i have to return them tomorrow. so hurry up yo!
hold the open book up against the window. I'll be able to read it from where I'm posting. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)