Did anyone design a book for there MDP? (1 Viewer)

Tulii

Like the sun will rise.
HSC
I'm making a book for my Mdp. Its not a novel or anything its like a "how-to-guide' for something specific. I was wondering if there is any special I need to include or do as it isn't like a table, or dress or anything as such.

And as far as printing goes and page design what are good programs to use and where should I go for printing?

Ta.

Last edited:

lucidassembly

HSC
While I did a magazine for my MDP, you might want to look into the programs Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Quark. They're the ones used predominantly within industrial settings. In terms of printing, I got mine printed at a place called 'Lindfield Print'. I'm sure any printing house (not a photographic one, but a proper print place) would be useful :) I also strongly suggest finding your print shop before you begin, so you can go ask them a few questions. I went beforehand and discovered that the borders/settings/image resolution and DPI/etc had to be altered to specifically suit the store's printing options. You definitely don't want to finish your project and then have to readjust everything.

I can't really think of anything specific. Just make sure you still do lots of experimentation and research.

Good luck!

Tulii

Like the sun will rise.
HSC
lucidassembly said:
While I did a magazine for my MDP, you might want to look into the programs Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Quark. They're the ones used predominantly within industrial settings. In terms of printing, I got mine printed at a place called 'Lindfield Print'. I'm sure any printing house (not a photographic one, but a proper print place) would be useful :) I also strongly suggest finding your print shop before you begin, so you can go ask them a few questions. I went beforehand and discovered that the borders/settings/image resolution and DPI/etc had to be altered to specifically suit the store's printing options. You definitely don't want to finish your project and then have to readjust everything.

I can't really think of anything specific. Just make sure you still do lots of experimentation and research.

Good luck!
Ahh! a reply! And a good one!
Thank you so much, I have been looking into getting photoshop and thank you for your other advice. I'll probably pop into the local print shop next week.

Thanks again!

valeria.m5.5

HSC
I'm writing and illustrating a children's book for mine, and I'm using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Indesign (I've been using them for a while now, and the hardest to use i've found is Indesign out of the three, but luckily its only for setting out the book).

Tulii

Like the sun will rise.
HSC
o tulii, u not dropping DAT anymore?

Yeah I am, this was a post from ages ago..
I have to talk to my careers adviser, and then I will drop it if recommends it, I have to stay in the class for four weeks.
Can't look my teacher in the eye..

So have you started your MDP yet? Lol!:haha:

shady145

Banned
HSC
nop havnt started mdp coz ive decided to drop too, my teacher knows im dropping it. he is very supportive as he knows i have demanding subjects.

chamelia

HSC
I made a children's arts and crafts book for mine. I used Illustrator to design the whole thing. I had a tiny budget so had to print the book on the home printer using a 150gsm coated stock paper. I just got it ring bound at the local printers for next to nothing.

If you are printing professionally, taking a trip to the printers before beginning is essential! Not only to know your printers specifications but also because you will need to have an estimate for your budget.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)