• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Did anyone do shit in school assesments? (1 Viewer)

BabyK

HSC
Im just wondering if there is anyone who did bad at school for one reason or another, and is now relying purely on these exams to get into uni?? also do you know anyone who only did good in their HSC, bt not at school and den got a mad UAI?? :rolleyes:

runnable

HSC
Very vague... What is "bad" and what is "mad UAI"?

cxlxoxk

HSC
runnable said:
what is "mad UAI"?
joke response:

UAI that is personified to show anger, and thus is "mad"

=P

real respone:

i dunno what she means either. i'm with you in that "shit" is vague and so is "mad UAI". Different people have different expectations OP!

Last edited:

lionking1191

HSC
cxlxoxk said:
joke response:

UAI that is personified to show anger, and thus is "mad"

=P

real respone:

i dunno what he means either. i'm with you in that "shit" is vague and so is "mad UAI". Different people have different expectations OP!
i think an adequate response to OP's question would involve something along the lines of "less thinking, more studying"

Sumimasenn

HSC
No, I did great in all my assessments.

Now get off the net and study.

BabyK

HSC
lol first of all im she not he...a bad uai would be anything below 65...a mad uai is over 80 =) help appreciated :D

runnable

HSC
BabyK said:
lol first of all im she not he...a bad uai would be anything below 65...a mad uai is over 80 =) help appreciated :D

Really? Ok so what is "shit" then?

BabyK

HSC
do u mean in the assesments :S uummm bad wud probably be all lyk a few 60's mayb 70's :(

cxlxoxk

HSC
my bad. i'm tired, im all set for a night of tv (Supernatural is on at 9:30 :D)

um well i did really bad, i could never get a uai of over 90 now based on choice of subjects (ie. predicted scaling) and bad assessment marks.

so yeah i'm relying on the exams.

i'm sure there are people out there, who do badly in assessments but rock it out on the HSC exam floor.

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
its not about the actual marks its about ur rankings for one

next thing its still possible u could be brought up depending how well cohort does by that meaning class good ur brought up if ur ranked ok that is

runnable

HSC
BabyK said:
do u mean in the assesments :S uummm bad wud probably be all lyk a few 60's mayb 70's :(

Its about your rank.

But generally if your aim is around 80 or so, its definitely possible by doing well in externals.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
My brother didnt do particularly well in internals, and he got a UAI of 84.something

zvyx

HSC
Didn't do so crash hot in MX1, Chem, Phys and English - about average ranks for all of em. I was going for a 99+, but with those kind of internals the really optimistic uai I'm looking at is a 97, more realistic a 95.6 (hopefully)

sorry if I offend by saying that my realistic is still over 95, but yeah I was seriously looking at a 99+ at the end of year 11 (aced physics, software, top 10 chem, did good in 3u maths). meh. this year I've been bludging/procrastinating ><"

so yes, I'm looking to rescue my internals with my externals :p

DaveYoung

Awesome
HSC
Hmmm, well my average for English Advanced is below 60%, same with Studies of Religion. All the rest are around the low 70% range, with IPT being in the 80's.

Not too confident for my UAI :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)