Did anyone else do instillation? (1 Viewer)

still ill

Was wondering if anyone else doing/did an instillation artwork?

I finished and documented mine last weekend-tiering stuff, but hopefully worth it

feel free to post pics of it, would love to see how others went.

still ill

here are some pics of mine- hopefully it doesn't seem too cliche...
but yeah, there's stuff in the middle of those white sheets

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
haha i hope you spelt it right in your journal.. installation :p

good luck for your installation- it looks interesting-ish (the photo's don't show a great deal of stuff)- the board of studies art markers are pretty tough when it comes to installations!

what is it spposed to represent..?

still ill

i did spell it wrong...shitty night i was having :p

it was supposed to be an exploration of labyrinths and ideas of 'enlightenment', The leaves where to represent the forest, a labyrinth in traditional myth etc. the big white sheets where in box shapes to bring connotations of lanterns and Buddhist remembrance ceremonies.
They do mark tough dont they? Well my teacher seems to think Im in with a chance but Ill have to wait and see.
I think I spelt everything right in this one, must be the coffee...

tash

lalalala
HSC
out of the 16 in our class noone is doing an installation- in fact we barely have any sculptures. there's 1 wearable work and a, i don't know if you'd term it as a sculpture, but it's a tv frame thing with stuff all over it, and my friend painted/collaged a door. other than that i think everyone did painting/drawing

guy

HSC
is anyone and anyone in anyones classes doing animations? i'm drawing and then making my drawings move and my teacher was all like "no one does this for their BOW" and i was like "get right out of town" and he was like "no!" and i was like "no hwaaayyy" and he was like "hwayyyy!" and i was like, "excellent"

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
guy: i've seen claymations and a few animations at artexpress, so i guess they do have some animations and stuff.

is that what you had on the web the other day..? like, er, the thing with judges judging some skit show? that was pretty cute hehe.

hey still ill, your artwork sounds really interesting.. have u heard of mariko mori? she did this thing called "nirvana" which sounds pretty similar to what you're doing

still ill

mmm love mariko mori's work, although didn't really think of her when making this but will be sure to mention her in my VAPD. She makes such beautiful, poetic works. Mori chan sugoi desu ne!
Of more interest was Yves Klein and his trancendental mysticism.
But yeah, now I'm editing the film footage and trying to decide which photos to enter but should also be trying to study for the trials. sigh.

Bird Monkey

yea i did an installation too...im still tryna finish it tho! ): just gotta do the electrical stuff....why do come up with ideas impossible to do???

Pearlz

Yeh i did an installation/sculpture but its not site specific or anything so i dont have to document it. The markers come to my school and mark it thank God!
Its almost finished, i just have finsihing touches to do this w/e then hand it in and its all over!!!

wooooooooo!:D

juventino

Juventus For Life
HSC
75% of people that do installations never get good marks. Students don't know the diffrence between one that makes sense and one that's just stupid.

still ill

catagory two for me perhaps?
i wrote the best justification for it though, and it wasn't cliched that much :p

MrMiK

lol i was gona do a simple one..
like a chair in the corner of a dim white room, light focused on the chair and audio of like.. ambient noises.. strongly focused on ticking of clocks.. heartbeats.. distant voices/conversations..
something to seperate the chair from everything else.. show its alienation from evry other entity.
but its too simple.. too linear.. oh, and it come to me in the last week.. (forgot to mention)
it would b crap if not dun proper... and a school wouldnt b the right context neways..
so in stead im painting/hav painted a chair.. (dont ask)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)