Did anyone else think that exam was hard? (1 Viewer)

Sooj

HSC
fuck i thought that exam was pretty damn hard
although i did manage to lie my way through most of it
i'm still not feeling too good about the test :S

btw

there was no EBNF or BNF or the structure diagrams at all - which have been in all the past papers i've been studying and it was also in trials

man i was expecting it in this paper bigtime
found none of it fuck lol

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Sooj said:
fuck i thought that exam was pretty damn hard
although i did manage to lie my way through most of it
i'm still not feeling too good about the test :S

btw

there was no EBNF or BNF or the structure diagrams at all - which have been in all the past papers i've been studying and it was also in trials

man i was expecting it in this paper bigtime
found none of it fuck lol
I was surprised there was no EBNF as well. I also noticed that in the Hardware option there wasn't a question requiring you to interpret the stimulus, which was odd. There usually is.

Sooj

HSC
Fish Sauce said:
I was surprised there was no EBNF as well. I also noticed that in the Hardware option there wasn't a question requiring you to interpret the stimulus, which was odd. There usually is.
ah are you talking about the second option?

our school did the first option because our teacher thought it was easier, haha

stewmazza

HSC
Starcraftmazter said:

3. I for one will easily get 95% and get band 6, so :p
anyone whos user name is starcraftmazter and is as arrogant as you are deserves to be shot. please commit suicide. and i was taking the piss i believe SDD is a wonderful course and will hold you all in good stead for a career in computers. Which i guess is good for you douche bag star craft mazter because
a) you don't need to know how to spell master properly anyway, or even speak fluent english and
b) you can play starcraft all day! thats really cool man! yay! lucky you

but seriously i hope u get hit by a truck

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Gigabyte89 said:
Ok question 25 is attached.
I got quite confused on the logic gate question. I ended up just putting in a NOR gate that came off the AND and XOR gates.

I couldn't work out if they wanted the other outputs to remain the same (which I thought was impossible if only one gate was to be added) or if they didn't care (which seemed too simple for 3 marks).

Was quite strange.

adgala

HSC
thanks Gigabyte89,

for 25 b iv, i'd also put a NOT gate after the OR gate. this easily satisfies the requirements.
however, for a more complete solution, i would've gotten
a'b' + ac' + bc' = x (from K-Maps)

burgomcsock

HSC
Fish Sauce said:
I got quite confused on the logic gate question. I ended up just putting in a NOR gate that came off the AND and XOR gates.

I couldn't work out if they wanted the other outputs to remain the same (which I thought was impossible if only one gate was to be added) or if they didn't care (which seemed too simple for 3 marks).

Was quite strange.
I agree, stupid, stupid question. If I got it right easiest 3 marks ever, if I got it wrong... well they could have at least given a truth table or stated that they wanted the other results to stay the same (whihc I agree does not seem possible if only one gate can be added)...

Mooju

HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
I hope you end up as a truck driver.

While I am paid millions to make and modify business-great software.

:wave:
you know what they say...... ppl who make LOADS of money ... and i mean LOADS OFTEN are compensating for something they have very little of......

HSC
Mooju said:
you know what they say...... ppl who make LOADS of money ... and i mean LOADS OFTEN are compensating for something they have very little of......
I'd like to see the scientific studies done to prove this point of yours.

Master Sword

HSC
Gigabyte89 said:
How can you get -3, but you just left the second number as 15?
I got -3 x 15 = -45 also. The reason you leave the second number as 15 is because if a 2's compliment number begins with 1, you know it is negative. Otherwise if it begins with a zero it's just treated as a normal positive binary number.

The first 2's compliment number is 11111101 --> we know it's negative because it begins with 1.
To turn it into its positive equivalent, we first turn it into 1's compliment by reducing it by 1, making it 11111100.
Then the 1s and 0s are reversed to turn the number from a 1's compliment to its positive equivalent.

--> ie. 11111100 is changed to

= 3, but remembering that the number is actually negative, it's -3.

so the result is -(00000011) x 00001111
= -3 x 15
= -45 in base 10.

FromDeeEast

HSC
Mooju said:
o shit so those bogans on the dole must have extremely large pee pee's

Gigabyte89

HSC
Master Sword said:
I got -3 x 15 = -45 also. The reason you leave the second number as 15 is because if a 2's compliment number begins with 1, you know it is negative. Otherwise if it begins with a zero it's just treated as a normal positive binary number.

The first 2's compliment number is 11111101 --> we know it's negative because it begins with 1.
To turn it into its positive equivalent, we first turn it into 1's compliment by reducing it by 1, making it 11111100.
Then the 1s and 0s are reversed to turn the number from a 1's compliment to its positive equivalent.

--> ie. 11111100 is changed to

= 3, but remembering that the number is actually negative, it's -3.

so the result is -(00000011) x 00001111
= -3 x 15
= -45 in base 10.
Thanks for the explanation. But to be honest I CBF trying to make sense of it anymore, ie there is no point.

Culto

HSC
some of it was good, some of it was challenging for me nad the guys in my class

The other guy that came high in the class said the same thing, were as the guy that came below us said it was easy

But I managed to write 8 books..so hopefully I end up alright

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)