did anyone find that PIP Talk on Friday helpful? (1 Viewer)

brendansuen

hello guys,
i'm guessing that u answered this becasue u went to the city PIP talk on Friday. did anyone find it useful or just the stuff they already know?

Jessisbored

HSC
lol, i was wondering if anyone had made any comments...coz i was gonna start a thread myself.

Well i mean i guess it was slightly beneficial but unfortunately my year got there at 2 and not 1 (even though we werent told) so we felt that we missed out on heaps.

The info said before the workshop and after the display that the man was doing on the makings-i already knew coz its common sense...

but what did that guy say at the very beginning on how the pip is marked?

hotmizzie

re: pip day

I personally didnt find it very useful at all, i guess because now that we generally have topics (or should have topics) theres no need to keep talking about the choice of topics. They could have gone more indepth about actually how to structure and write the pip maybe

WishUponAStar

Happy Tafe Student!
HSC
It was bascially going over everything I already knew, but it made me realise that I needed to change my topic. I wasn't happy with my old one because I didn't feel passionate about it, so I wasn't working on it as much as I should.
Now I've done more work on my new topic and I'm actually confident that I'll finish it on time.
I also got to meet my Society and Culture teacher again, because I do it by correspondance and had only met her once before.

Last edited:

mishka

HSC
N/A
Helpful

I know the PIP talky thingy was a few weeks ago now, but I found it quite helpful. I knew how to structure a PIP and it was an eye opener to see some of the efforts of the students last year. So if any of you are reading this, CONGRATS.
The talk opened up my eyes and I realised that I needed a serious kick up the backside to start my PIP. You see, our class is very unmotivated and I think I was the only one who realised from that talk that the PIP isn't going to design itself and fall out of thin air!
Anyway, I got a topic, worked with it have done a lot of secondary research and am working on getting half my primary research done before the hols!
So, to use a cliche, if I can do it, everyone can do it. If you took the advice from the last speaker and wrote your first paragraph as soon as you got home, you would be feeling about as confident as I am that my PIP will be ok!! Just think, by August, we will all have finished our PIP's for good, and, although it's a pain in the butt now, we'll probably be preaching about it to the year 11's by the end of it!!!

aussie_rocks

i liked mr webster, we went to a pip day w/ knox boys last year and he was kewl then too. the newsreader girl.. dunno about..lol!other than that, i didnt go home and do a paragraph on my pip.. so im a lost cause! but it was a great idea, the pip day. they should keep it up! oh, adn the seats were reasonably comfortable!

Last edited:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I cannot believe I finish my PIP. The PIP is the worst thing out of the whole Society and Culture course. if I could just do the exam for 3 hours I would!

But it's ALL over for me.....ah......:)

it's nice to have reminiscence of the PIP once a while.:)

hotmizzie

JEALOUS

I cannot believe you are finished!!!!!!
im so unbelievably jealous!
ive still got about 4 months to work on mine but nowhere close!

goodluck with it all and congratulations!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)