Did everyone get a goodluck email from USYD? (1 Viewer)

kaito

HSC
ya...i got one too.....but i did register with their newsletter thingi...so im not surprised lol

Carnivour

HSC
One for me too. I'm thinking its some sort of psychological guilt tripping - after we get our UAIs we are compelled to put USyd as our first preference. :rolleyes:

saelma

HSC
For some reason i got one - i live in rural nsw and am not remotely interested in going to USYD so i have not applied there at all.
The only thing i have done with USYD was a lecture series on study, time management, etc. They took all my details for that. But that was at the end of yr10!

DoubleD

....Theonly One
HSC
isnt UAC and USYD the same thing basically?
i thought USYD was the one who co-ordinated UAC.. so if thats the case, anyone who applied for a UAI(and put theiremail address down) would've gotten it.

D

Toby Buchanan

HSC
I got one too.. It was a nice thought! Didn't need it to convince me though, I already wanted to go there (come on good UAI!!)

kylie.layzell

HSC
usyd email

yeah i got one too, i put it down as first uac preference and when applying had to give my email. so i think thats y i got mine. xoxo

space.dementia

LOLizzle.
HSC
I assumed they got my e-mail from the open day... somehow.

They better damn well wish me all the luck in the world if they want me to get into their university. 93.00....

Moonlite

HSC
I got one too... I thought it was rather nice though. Wonder how they got my email?

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
Yeah, I got one too, and I also am confused as to how they got my email. They're on my preferences, and I did give UAC my email address... but I didn't think UAC shared information with unis until later. But oh well, it made me feel good!

imteaz

sths'05
HSC
yeah i did :)

usyd spends gazillions on marketing :p

and they've bought me out already.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Santah said:
An email popped up from The University of Sydney right as I was leaving for the english exam this morning.

"Dear <name>,

The University of Sydney wishes you
the very best of luck in your HSC."

I know it was all automated and everything.. but it still made me smile and put me in a good mood as I was leaving for my exam.. so thanks USYD!
Made me smile too- although I do wonder where they got my email.. possibly ABW =S

**BORED**

out calls only
HSC
lol i wouldnt smile, ur just a number in ther system, the computer that sent it to you dosent know u personally.

it's a cheap publicity stunt that the other unis are wishing they came up with

aurora_05

HSC
I assumed that I got it because I'd put my name down at a careers market day or something...but usyd being a preference sounds a bit more reasonable...meh.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
sarsh said:
geese guys you get so easily persuaded by an email. lols yer i got it too and it probably is because we put syd uni down as a preference. although i think ill change it now since i heard there uni aint as good as others . UTS and Macquaire were the only unis that bothered coming to our school to give us a more detailed description of their courses and its campus
only unsw and uts came to our school- and it wasn't even to talk abt campus.. it was to tell us abt co-ops so we're still none the wiser.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I got an email. I'm not sure how they get most email adresses but I know I applied for a scholarship which had my email adress on it.

gosh

did any of you get a postcard from usyd as well?
i got one today and it has my name printed on the front image.
strange how they have my address, must have been through uac

Captain Karl

HSC
half baked said:
did any of you get a postcard from usyd as well?
i got one today and it has my name printed on the front image.
strange how they have my address, must have been through uac
I got one of them postcards
Whats more strange is how much money they woulda wasted on sending them out to everyone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)