Did everyone who applied for the Principal's rec get in? (1 Viewer)

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
So the title kinda of sums up my question... did everyone who applied the Principals Recommendation thing get into the University of New England automatically?

Because I haven't heard of anyone who applied for the SRAS thing and DIDN'T get in...

Just wondering...

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
yeah a friend i work with didnt get one.. but i think everyone else i know did... i feel sorry for her, cos she was like the only person she knew who didnt get one

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Oh ok... I wonder what proportion of applicants made it in then... I'm just wondering this cos some private colleges and such offer half-fee scholarships to everyone who applies for them, and I was just wondering if New England did the same. But I guess not...

How many people do you know who got in?
I'm the only person I know in the "real world" who even wants to go to NE... I'm going to get there and be a complete nigel, hehe.

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
i know of.. about 7 people from my school alone who have got one and theres no doubt heaps more and i know about 5 from othes schools. i know 2 arent taking it (for some reason) but yeah.. most people i know will be goin to duval. dont worry about being a nigel.. u get so trashed the first nite u meet people easily (but usually cant remember them)

many people right UNE off cos its in armidale.. i know i did until i went to open day last year.. but its awesome..

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Woah, you know heaps of people going! But you're in a rural area right? So more people are open to the idea of rural unis than in Sydney (they're all such snobs here. eck)

I didn't realise Duval was so popular! I went to the Open Day this year and every one was going on about how great St Alberts was. I put my accomidation application in pretty late (like only a few days ago) so maybe I won't get in. Ah well...

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
yeah im from tamworth which is like 120kms away.. quite convenient... i can come home every weekend, work and get my mum to wash my clothes :D
well duval is the campus most people from my school go to, mainly cos the careers advisors son goes to it.. and most people have brothers and sisters there

Last edited:

bobbles

Yeah i know about 5 people that got in from my school (inc me) but only 1 that didn't, im sure there will be more though because almost everyone in my year applied for it (90 ppl about)

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Woah, that's heaps of people!
The careers teacher told me I was the only one who'd even applied for it from my school.

bobbles

yeah, our school could apply for CSU or UNE early applications, only about 3 people applied for CSU (just because you had to write why you actually wanted to be there... - which i didnt get accepted for :/ ) but everyone else just put in a UNE application for the hell of it i think

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Yeah my school could too... but we weren't actually told about it, we had to read it on the noticeboard for ourselves, which practically no one did. Heh.
I forgot to apply for CSU's scheme, but it doesn't matter, I didn't want to go there much anyway.

So are you definately going to UNE or are you waiting to see if you get any other offers?

countrydude

hmmmmm
HSC
N/A
Yea 3 from my school applyed and we all got in, i dont wona go to armidale because i want to get out of the country and get near the coast. Mojoman is ur name mojoman cauz of that gayass night club up in armidale?

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
wtf? theres a nightclub called mojoman.. nah. i dunno i thought of it after watchin austin powers ages ago....
and yes... yes i do like your avatar..

7 from my school didnt get in apparently

countrydude

hmmmmm
HSC
N/A
nah mojos in armidale, its gay, i hate it. wot tamworth school do u go 2?

countrydude

hmmmmm
HSC
N/A
orr well its not that bad i guess but i dont like it. near walcha (N):(, but im outta here sone so yea :)

countrydude

hmmmmm
HSC
N/A
Yea it not that good but not that bad i guess, im moving to the central coast on sunday so im happy:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)