Did I burn my hair? (1 Viewer)

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
I was using my new bedhair tool this afternoon and some pieces of my hair thats near my face smells burnt. I have been using curling wands, crimpers etc for years and this has never happened before.My hair looks normal, It dosn't look burnt, there isn't any breakage but it smells funny. Even after I washed it, it still smelts burnt. Could I have burnt it?

Last edited:

Lainee

HSC
OZGIRL86 said:
I was using my new bedhair tool this afternoon and some pieces of my hair thats near my face smells burnt. I have been using curling wands, crimpers etc for years and this has never happened before.My hair looks normal, It dosn't look burnt, there isn't any breakage but it smells funny. Even after I washed it, it still smelts burnt. Could I have burnt it?
Maybe since you've been using crimpers, wands etc 'for years' this was the final straw that broke the camel's back? It's unhealthy to overdo that kind of stuff on your hair.

First thing to do now though is to get a really moisture enriching, protective deep treatment to fix the damage so far. I've heard good things about Redken All Soft & Butter Treat and as a protein treatment, L'Oreal Professionnel Absolut Repair.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
If it doesn't look burnt and isn't breaking off then it's unlikely you did any real damage.

When you using crimpers/straighteners etc. a burnt smell is pretty normal, and don't forget any oil or product already in your hair is being singed by the heat.

Always

HSC
OZGIRL86 said:
Was your hair slightly damp? Sometimes my hair "burns" when I'm in a rush and my hair's not quite dry when I curl/straighten it.

I agree with Lainee on hair treatments. Matthew James Deep Moisture treatment is good, and not too expensive either. Put a treatment in tomorrow and see how you go.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Lainee said:
Maybe since you've been using crimpers, wands etc 'for years' this was the final straw that broke the camel's back? It's unhealthy to overdo that kind of stuff on your hair.

First thing to do now though is to get a really moisture enriching, protective deep treatment to fix the damage so far. I've heard good things about Redken All Soft & Butter Treat and as a protein treatment, L'Oreal Professionnel Absolut Repair.
I've been using them for years but don't use them everyday, just occasionally.
Thanks for the suggestion :)I might try that.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
PaleReflection said:
If it doesn't look burnt and isn't breaking off then it's unlikely you did any real damage.
Oh thats good then:)
PaleReflection said:
When you using crimpers/straighteners etc. a burnt smell is pretty normal, and don't forget any oil or product already in your hair is being singed by the heat.
Yeah I know, but my hair never smells burnt afterwards.Maybe I over did it.

Always said:
Was your hair slightly damp? Sometimes my hair "burns" when I'm in a rush and my hair's not quite dry when I curl/straighten it.

I agree with Lainee on hair treatments. Matthew James Deep Moisture treatment is good, and not too expensive either. Put a treatment in tomorrow and see how you go.
No it wasn't wet it was dry.
Thanks, I'll try a moisture treatment:)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah if your hair isn't broken I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just pop in a treatment and the smell should go away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)