Did i just fail my business report (1 Viewer)

dezzy

HSC
superbird said:
also correct me if im wrong but for the effective employment relations part were u also supposed to talk about communication systems (such as team briefings etc), rewards, training, family friend programs, measures of effectiveness and types of contracts?
i just spoke about training and development, rewards, the definition of ER because they were the only one's i could intergrate into my report....my strategy didnt really have an impact on grievance procedures etc...oh well- hope they understand that

superbird

HSC
yeh i was thinking damn cos i didnt mention nething about grievance procedures. but yeh as u said it couldn't really be integrated with the report

Becc

Jessisbored said:
1. renee i agree...i just did ONE strategy as it worded.
and to this ...why did you do a swot...(situational analysis) did we have to? it didnt ask for one. I dunno, its just usually it says propose a report including a situational analysis. meh nevermind, my report was good anyway, thankfully i knew the dot points well...as for my extended respone...argh crap
um because it said to do your response in the form of a business report is why i did that. (the situational analysis, etc)

adrianp

I bascially wrote a Situation Analysis.. included SWOT, market analysis, product and compeitor analysis..

Then just put the heads from the question.. so bascially i fucked up lol

the stratgies i put was to go e-commerce, introduce a new product, and use web based advertising so i dun think ill go to well but thats what happens when u go to a shit school and they dont tell you wat to put in the marketing report!

woknroll

HSC
Gee whiz, thought i was the only who only did one of the P's

But really if it says "propose a market strategy" no plural then i assumed they only wanted one, if not, the BOS are hypocrites if they want us to do compulsory English and they can't word a question properly themselves

woknroll

HSC
Gee whiz, thought i was the only one who only did one of the P's

But really if it says "propose a market strategy" no plural then i assumed they only wanted one, if not, the BOS are hypocrites if they want us to do compulsory English and they can't word a question properly themselves

binesy13

HSC
i did the 4 p's a situation anlysis a swot analysis and talked about marketing, human relations,technology cant remember the other stuff but tried to relate it all to my strategy for the business on improving overall growth

username

HSC
For ER I did a paragraph discussing the impact on the er process, but i didn't discuss training and all those er strategies, rather i evaluated the effectiveness of this strategy through the measurements and analysing it throught that. For example, the introduction of your product on the internet may lead to redundancy, therefore staff may resist to this change by being absent from work or increasing the level of indsutrial disputes. Thus this strategy is ineffective ...., is that fine???

username

HSC
Because the increase in absenteeism, and the increase in industrial disputes is the result of change from the marketing strategy. So its having a negative impact on the er process, so unless the business is willing to offer other positions within the business, this negative impact turns into ineffectiveness. Basically what i am getting is the fact i left out training and development, and communication systems, is that wrong. Because they are strategies, so would you just discuss the effectiveness through the indicators?

superbird

HSC
i think u dug urself a hole tho by saying that a new e-commerce system would cause disputes and absenteeism. :(

username

HSC
Not if you think about it logically. E commerce can lead to a replacement of jobs, as it is more efficient and takes over the role of certain sectors. In implementing this, there are going to be obvious reasons for resistance. This is based on cultural incompatability, and the obvious one being fear of redundancy. Thus, to resist to this change they are going to raise the level of disputes to let the managers no their stance. Therefore this will have a negative impact on the ER process as the level of industrial disputes has increased, therefore this product strategy has the potential to be ineffective.

superbird

HSC
ah k wen u put it that way. sounds awesome ;)
i basically said something about hiring casual staff only in case the strategies fail, staff should be taught selling tactics as part of a training program, flexible leave arrangments and family friendly programs, rewards such as discounts on mobile phones, importance of communication, and how the strategies could be effectively measured (absentessim, staff turnover etc).

i probably did go into a bit too much detail as i had to rush the last extended response. btw for the managing change part i think i only wrote a page about change agents and change models

username

HSC
yer so what i am saying, was i wrong in leaving out discussion on the er strategies.

superbird

HSC
hard do say. u mite of spoken more on the marketing strategies and change models so it would've made up for u not talking about ER as much.
i did something similar by focusing more on marketing and ER rather than managing change

hen

just wanted to know what u think my mark would be in the bus report - i mention 4 p's but didnt go really deep into them, as i thought they meant focus on one, i focused on ecommerce. it did say marketing strategy - i was always used to it saying marketing strategies, thast why i only focused on really one. in ER bit i talk about communcation system, rewards, traingin development, then talk about measure of effectiveness - absenteeism sabotage, quality and disputation. then managing for change i talk about the steps - identy, setting achieveable goals, create culture of change, and change models. i wrote about 10 pages. what do u think i would get out of 20 ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)