Did I just sit a Bio exam? (1 Viewer)

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Originally posted by psycho_mushy
fucking hell....

not one exam do I have confidence in... looks like I got 10/15 for multiple choice... that's fucking shit
14/15 for me... so close :p

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
excellent exam ppl
so what if it is like english :p
physics was like that, bio was like that, fingers crossed chem is like that
congrats ppl
and good luck

rolz

well i thought the exam was ok in places and boring in others i crammed like hell last night and now of it was in there i was so pissed off, most of the stuff was general knowledge and just being able to fudge an answer long enough to get the marks. It was like a PDH exam where u just bullshit and bullshit i could have done a lot better if i had known that i had to be practising my bullshitting not my bio.
For that reason i left with half an hour to go after sitting there being bored for 1/2 before i realised i could just leave.
I wouldnt be surprised if alot of ppl dont get a good mark as it was almost too basic.
Shit i hate BOS everything is starting to sound like an exam response.

Almost There

my goal in life is to be a trophy north shore mum.
damn not unfair that u can leave early! i finsihed in an hour and half. and sat there. and cleaned my nails. and plaited my hair. and then plaited the string i used to tie my booklets to gehter with. and doodled on the options booklet. i went to the toilet and was making paper airplanes out of the paper towels. (the lady was soo nice..shes like "well u seem to have finished so yeah just do whatever" she didnt care that i was ages in the loo...i was sooo bored!!)

that exam was very pdhpe..just crap on and on....grrr!!

waht did ppl get for multi choices????

Pepani

Jixxt Designer
HSC
awww. i feel sorry for you guys not being allowed to leave.
i stayed the whole time.. i didn't need to tho.

yea i also thought the exam was tooo broad-ish.. not enough biology in the BIOLOGY EXAM.

and i studied sooooooooooo hard for it. most of the stuff i studied wasn't even in it... damn polypeptide synthesis!!! grrr

mel85

Why is everyone complaining? The exam was easy, so what? Anywayz the've already tested most of the harder concepts in previous exams so why test them again, that's my theory!

lemonade

Coffs Harbour, but will soon be in Brisbane
i agree. the test was REALLY EASY!! (i hope i go well now) i finished really early too - i couldve left after two hours but i decided to spend a really long time on the last question and go over all my answers a million times - squishing stuff in everywhere.

Why did I bother to study and stress myself out? i learnt all that Protein synthesis, the whole kidney thing, how to work out sex-linked recessive and dominant inheritence, etc. etc. and it wasnt even in there!! ahhh!! could've got through it with just general knowledge..

if the test was easy, that means everyone will go really well and they'll scale everyone's marks down for the UAI (wont they?)

Last edited:

s2ophie

HSC
I can't believe how pointless an exam it was. it didn't test any knowledge. The GM question could have been answered by almost everyone in the english speaking world! Think of all the things they didn't test: DNA repliction, TCells and BCells (apart from a pissy MC question) Protein synthesis, aldosterone and ADH, the kidney in general, ahh the list goes on. I'm not complaining its just i don't think that exam will be a very good discriminator.

JUB JUB

HSC
yeh the test was pretty easy...however there was a real mix of emotions from the ppl t my school. But I'm sure it was easy because of how shit the bio exams have been over the past 2 years, there was a stink about the 2001 and 2002 bio papers... hopefully more people better be given band 6 this year!!!

no biology in the biology paper???...That's because there is no science in the science courses! :D

by the way were are you people getting these cat pictures?? they are soo funny!:D

jello

was it just me or i thought the test was hard
soory im a bit of a rote learner
freaking hell
i had no idea wot 2 write 4 things like the epidemic question
i just spammed in 'biological' stuff 2 make myself look good....

PappaSmurf

Originally posted by Almost There
damn not unfair that u can leave early! i finsihed in an hour and half. and sat there. and cleaned my nails. and plaited my hair. and then plaited the string i used to tie my booklets to gehter with. and doodled on the options booklet. i went to the toilet and was making paper airplanes out of the paper towels. (the lady was soo nice..shes like "well u seem to have finished so yeah just do whatever" she didnt care that i was ages in the loo...i was sooo bored!!)

that exam was very pdhpe..just crap on and on....grrr!!

waht did ppl get for multi choices????
Agreed :argue:

If I wanted to do a subject like PDHPE I would of picked PDHPE :mad1:

PappaSmurf

Originally posted by s2ophie
I can't believe how pointless an exam it was. it didn't test any knowledge. The GM question could have been answered by almost everyone in the english speaking world! Think of all the things they didn't test: DNA repliction, TCells and BCells (apart from a pissy MC question) Protein synthesis, aldosterone and ADH, the kidney in general, ahh the list goes on. I'm not complaining its just i don't think that exam will be a very good discriminator.
Ahhhh you stole exactly what I wanted to say but couldnt.

~Dreamer

HSC
even though i sweeped through multple choice and extended answers, i found the questions for communications a bit shifty. it was a bit broad in some areas... hence i spent like 10 minutes trying to write it in a way to suit the word and try to figure out what is it they want in the answer...

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Originally posted by mel85
Why is everyone complaining? The exam was easy, so what?
Exactly my point. It's not fair for those that knew the syllabus thoughrally and could have sat a test 10 times as difficult. I put in the hours, and for what? To answer questions that didn't require study to answer? I could have spent the many hours I spent studying for Bio yesterday to study for chem or english extension...

Originally posted by s2ophie
I can't believe how pointless an exam it was. it didn't test any knowledge.
My thoughts exactly. I could have handed my brother in year 10 that exam and he would have scored at least 50% and he's no genius.... purely and utterly pointless. Our trial was much harder...

badlysketched

i think this test will be one of those "deceptively easy" tests. u know the one u sit and everyones comes out saying "shit that was so easy" but when u get the results back u get a shit mark cos u didn't say what they wanted you to say. i found it a little hard, not in the way taht i didn't know the work... i knew it pretty well and i'm glad i didn't study!! i found it hard in the way i didn't know what to say and when i did try and say it i didn't have enough room to cover everything i wanted. i think they should seriously consider giving us writting booklets instead of limited sets of lines. i'm unsure what i'll get, i should have practiced question answering. i'm thinking 80 ish but who knows... i may get anywhere between 70-90 depending how its marked... so non specific, i bet they mark it really specifically too... grrr

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I agree, I don't think I will do that great, who knows what the board wanted with some of those questions?

grantrosehill

HSC
N/A
I thought the exam was quite challenging ... the question re epidemiology and the origin of a disease was a big extension on the requirements os the syllabus ... features of a epi study focus on lung cancer ... as to leaving early ... I hope u all mentioned constancy , repetition, dose relation etc ... in the 8 marker .... what about the ? on vacc schedules ... anyone mention pasive and aquired immunity?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)