Did really bad in Year 11 but succed Year 12? (1 Viewer)

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
Hi

Anyone here did really bad in Year 11 but now is doing really well in Year 12?
or maybe have already done year 12 and got high UAI?
I'm in year 11 now and I think I will get bad result from my yearly marks because I got health issue this year

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
dhampoet said:
Hi

I'm in year 11 now and I think I will get bad result from my yearly marks because I got health issue this year
It's only year 11.

Aaron06

To Rid The Disease
HSC
Year 11 only sets you up for year 12

With learning the terminology etc.

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Yeh it is possible...im an example. I didn't study in year 7-11 and when I started getting decent results this year my teachers were VERY surprised. Lol.

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
I know that the preliminary mark has no weighting in the HSC mark.
I just want to know how people who do nothing in year 11 can get very high UAI
Maybe some stories will be an inspiration for the next 2007 HSC student :)

I read a book about how to study for HSC and there is a story (the writer said that it was a true story) about a guy who did nothing in year 11,just turn up in school,hangin out and smoking with friends but before the HSC began,his parent asked him to go to TAFE or trade because his parent reckoned that he just wasted his time in HSC. He felt insulted.
You can guess the ending of the story

kloudsurfer

HSC
Im in the same boat with health issues and going crap and all. And now that all my 'serious' health issues have been resolved, I have screwed up half my exams because of a freakin flu virus!!!!!!!

Im just hoping I can do well next yr. Besides, in the HSC you can get extra marks etc if you are sick or have long term health problems, cant you?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
dhampoet said:
Hi

of course u can succeed in yr12
i was doing shit house in yr 11. seriously, i was failing physics and 3u and english.

but i put my act together and hammered down on the books. Now i've came first in 4 subjects in the trials. so it is possible.

@kloud: yeah u can get EAS (education assistance scheme) im not sure about the details though. and im not sure it's even that. :S if u have any inquiries, ask ur principle and/or yearadvisor

H

housemouse

kloudsurfer said:
Im in the same boat with health issues and going crap and all. And now that all my 'serious' health issues have been resolved, I have screwed up half my exams because of a freakin flu virus!!!!!!!

Im just hoping I can do well next yr. Besides, in the HSC you can get extra marks etc if you are sick or have long term health problems, cant you?
You dont get extra marks, you just get considered for a course that requires a higher uai.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Well, my average for Year 11 was the lowest ever--about low 70's, perhaps even high 60's if it really was that bad....and then Year 12 came, I actually quite ok in my rankings (top 30%, as opposed to being rock bottom in Year 11!) and got a good UAI. So it's possible, definitely. Just try and keep healthy if you're one of those people who easily get sick, and keep the stress down, as stress can weaken you and make you more vulnerable to being sick.

kloudsurfer

HSC
lala2 said:
Well, my average for Year 11 was the lowest ever--about low 70's, perhaps even high 60's if it really was that bad....and then Year 12 came, I actually quite ok in my rankings (top 30%, as opposed to being rock bottom in Year 11!) and got a good UAI. So it's possible, definitely. Just try and keep healthy if you're one of those people who easily get sick, and keep the stress down, as stress can weaken you and make you more vulnerable to being sick.
Haha yeah, thats my problem. I get sick, and then I stress out about the fact that im sick and am missing out on so much I will have to catch up on and I make myself even sicker for longer lol.

sinist4

HSC
well, heres a story ... not in yr 11 though.
in my SC i got a an "E" as my mark/grade from the teacher, prob hates me or sumthing, anyway i ended up scoring 75 in the external. I showed that mo**er f**ken teacher ROFL and owned most of theppl that got A's-B's
(dunno wen i was applying for my uac, i looked at my SC and it brought bak good memories LOL:))

sinist4

HSC
well, heres a story ... not in yr 11 though.
in my SC i got a an "E" as my mark/grade from the teacher, prob hates me or sumthing, anyway i ended up scoring 75 in the external. I showed that mo**er f**ken teacher ROFL and owned most of theppl that got A's-B's
(dunno wen i was applying for my uac, i looked at my SC and it brought bak good memories LOL:))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)