did well in trials but stuffed in HSC!! (1 Viewer)

lydia1992

scientificfield
HSC
Uni Grad
well....

i've been working hard the whole year, my ranks for trials were awesome at least for me:
maths 2u 9th
biology 3rd
chemistry 2nd
english 1st
saturday school language 10th

but...because i was so stressed in these days of HSC exams i performed poorly...i don't know the results yet but i can feel it :S

Am i going to end up getting low ATAR because I performed badly in hsc compared to trials?

I don't even know why am i writing this atm but anyways I need some advices !

iampeterr

King
HSC
Uni Grad
well those nice ranks should be able to help you alot.

when you say low? how low do you mean? 80s?

lydia1992

scientificfield
HSC
Uni Grad
well those nice ranks should be able to help you alot.

when you say low? how low do you mean? 80s?
I mean like 70, :"(
for maths I left question 15 which is 15 marks by mistake (I will probably FAIL) , I forgot that i didn't attempt it and when i realised that i had like 10 minutes and the supervisor was like pens down I cried!!!!

Last edited:

lydia1992

scientificfield
HSC
Uni Grad
my chemistry exam is on 6th of november I always come first and sometimes second in chem but I'm feeling depressed , I will not be able to perform well in it because maths exam pulled my motivation down :(

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
you'll be fine girl.

you'll just take the mark of the best performing student in your class.
so assuming your ranks are correct then..

for the HSC exam, you'll get the 9th best external mark for maths, the 3rd best external mark for biology,y the 2nd best external mark for chemistry... etc

that's why often in top tier selective schools those with high ranks just dont care as much for the HSC externals they'll just automatically take the best performing marks according to their rankings..
but they're super stressed for trials though...

anyway lydia
'lydia oh lydia, oh have you seen lydia..
lydia the tattoo'd lady..'

Last edited:

lydia1992

scientificfield
HSC
Uni Grad
you'll be fine girl.

you'll just take the mark of the best performing student in your class.
so assuming your ranks are correct then..

for the HSC exam, you'll get the 9th best external mark for maths, the 3rd best external mark for biology,y the 2nd best external mark for chemistry... etc

that's why often in top tier selective schools those with high ranks just dont care as much for the HSC externals they'll just automatically take the best performing marks according to their rankings..
but they're super stressed for trials though...

anyway lydia
'lydia oh lydia, oh have you seen lydia..
lydia the tattoo'd lady..'
thank you so much for giving me hope ^_^

I will try my best to do well as I did for my trials for chemistry and I will forget about how stuffed in maths :D

teeah

HSC
try and use that disappointment for maths to motivate you for chem- you dont want to be in the same position you were at the end of that maths exam, remember how horrible you felt and use that as incentive to study so you dont have to feel that way again.
:)

Keelan134

HSC
Exactly, You don't wanna feel humiliated again, use it as motivation to study and you have until the 6th of November, you could learn the syllabus and everything associated with it like 5 times until then, youll be right :D

lydia1992

scientificfield
HSC
Uni Grad
Exactly, You don't wanna feel humiliated again, use it as motivation to study and you have until the 6th of November, you could learn the syllabus and everything associated with it like 5 times until then, youll be right :D
try and use that disappointment for maths to motivate you for chem- you dont want to be in the same position you were at the end of that maths exam, remember how horrible you felt and use that as incentive to study so you dont have to feel that way again.
:)

thank you guys for your advice I really appreciate it ..I will not give up ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)