Did you ever get a couple of bad marks in year 12 and end up graduating with a good ATAR? (1 Viewer)

axolotl!

HSC
Uni Grad
copped a 13/20 my mod C task for english advanced, and ended up with a 19/20 raw mark for mod C in the externals which gave me an atar beyond my imagination

axolotl!

HSC
Uni Grad
lmao all stories until now are related to english smh

jks22

HSC
I'm ranked 75/168 at the moment for english, and I've had two exams so far in which I got 18/20 (weighted 25%) and 17/20 (weighted 30% - more than trials). Would it still be possible to pull my ranks up?

Edit: I put the wrong ranks lol

Last edited:

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm ranked 68/174 at the moment for english, and I've had two exams so far in which I got 18/20 (weighted 25%) and 17/20 (weighted 30% - more than trials). Would it still be possible to pull my ranks up?
Yes, given that there is 45% worth of your school-based assessment tasks/exams that is yet to be determined, you definitely have a chance to improve your rank. An important thing to note is that the performance standard for your cohort appears to be high, meaning that in order to capitalise on the remaining 45%, your own performance needs to match (and preferably exceed) that standard, i.e. perform to the best of your abilities in order to maximise your rank.

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
Damn I am in a similar situation - need to sustain my phys, chem and english ranks but gotta desperately improve in MEX1 and MEX2 lol with about 55% remaining... will get back to this post once I see how that goes 🤞🤞🤞🤞

nuvardex

HSC
I'm ranked 68/174 at the moment for english, and I've had two exams so far in which I got 18/20 (weighted 25%) and 17/20 (weighted 30% - more than trials). Would it still be possible to pull my ranks up?
Wow, seems like you are in a very competitive cohort. I got 44/50 for an ENG ADV task recently comprised of 3 tasks (imaginative [95%], discursive [80%] and reflection [90%]) and ranked first. Best of luck.

ekjchale#1

HSC
Damn similar situation just that only Phys is good for me and life or death situation in the same other subjects 45 to 55 percent left in those subjects so just gotta recover to the best extent possible

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
Damn I am in a similar situation - need to sustain my phys, chem and english ranks but gotta desperately improve in MEX1 and MEX2 lol with about 55% remaining... will get back to this post once I see how that goes 🤞🤞🤞🤞
recovered in t3 assessments for maths. But the real challenge hits with the trials coming up

jdng

HSC
copped a 13/20 my mod C task for english advanced, and ended up with a 19/20 raw mark for mod C in the externals which gave me an atar beyond my imagination
THATS LEGIT ME RN was averaging an 85% in all my English results and got a 12/20 for my mod C which made me drop 30 ranks. Scared my trials and hsc won't be able to pull me up tbh

axolotl!

HSC
Uni Grad
THATS LEGIT ME RN was averaging an 85% in all my English results and got a 12/20 for my mod C which made me drop 30 ranks. Scared my trials and hsc won't be able to pull me up tbh
it is easier said than done but try to forget what already happened. ur trials and hsc are combinedly at least 60% of ur total HSC mark, focus on whats to come!

jks22

HSC
How'd you go? :)

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
How'd you go? :)
Surprisingly, I improved heaps in Extension 1, and comparatively less in Extension 2 - as for Phys and Chem, I think I let my guard in them a little bit, but regardless, I sustained my rank even if my actual performance dipped A LOT in the trials... my earlier marks saved me lol. English was alright. Now ig time to do well in the externals and hope everything goes my way. Hope everything is going well for you too!

jks22

HSC
Surprisingly, I improved heaps in Extension 1, and comparatively less in Extension 2 - as for Phys and Chem, I think I let my guard in them a little bit, but regardless, I sustained my rank even if my actual performance dipped A LOT in the trials... my earlier marks saved me lol. English was alright. Now ig time to do well in the externals and hope everything goes my way. Hope everything is going well for you too!
Ahh the same thing happened to me, I got slightly overconfident for business/eco and my marks dipped a lot in trials, luckily I performed well in my previous tasks also haha

I ended up improving in English from 75/168 to 59/168 but that's still not enough for a B6 smh :/

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
Ahh the same thing happened to me, I got slightly overconfident for business/eco and my marks dipped a lot in trials, luckily I performed well in my previous tasks also haha

I ended up improving in English from 75/168 to 59/168 but that's still not enough for a B6 smh :/
Its never over until it actually does happen. I guess its an average, so if you perform well in the externals, even with a non-band 6 internal score, you can very much as well get a band 6! You got this my friend!

carrotsss

HSC
Not quite at the ATAR stage yet, but in accelerated SOR I improved my rankings from ~40/80 in half yearlies to 11/80 at the end (possible band 6 w good externals). A lot of the people ahead of me fell majorly, the former rank 1 fell to 16th… rankings change a lot, messing up one assessment isn’t the end of the world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)