Did you have TWO related texts for Module C ready? (1 Viewer)

snore

Kinky Kelly & Sexy Stud
HSC
'Cause I didn't. I was informed throughout the year by my teacher that only ONE text was needed in addition to Educating Rita, so imagine my surprise when while I'm reading through the exam at the start and I see that I need to write about TWO related text. I was like fuck!

Anyway have a vote and tell me what lies your teacher feed you.

snore

Kinky Kelly & Sexy Stud
HSC
Fuck, It wouldn't let me add a poll.

Oh well, fuck that.

jarmie

HSC
I had one that I knew in detail, and a back up one just in case they did end up asking for two.
Good thing I did.

Kew

HSC
Lol.

Well yeah I have always prepared Module C with one text - though my teacher has always suggested two. I've never studied the second one (it was a song), but I knew the basis of it with its techniques.
I learnt more of it the previous night as my teacher sent me an email because I was worried. Luckily I did that, as I would have been stumped in the exam.. Though the response was so shitty at the end because the related text fit in so shitty compared to my other one & the prescribed text.. oh well.

For Module A I have always prepared two.. & you don't know the reaction I had when I saw 'ONE related text'. Zzzzzzzzz.

snore

Kinky Kelly & Sexy Stud
HSC
Rebekkie said:
syllabus, anyone?

I would have checked the syllabus, but I didn't think my english teacher would be telling me lies!

Ramboysf5

HSC
i was prepared for one of my related materials, but the night before my friend was telling me what one he was doing, and since i done it in class im like cool cool, then in the exam room it says 2 related so i just remembered my friends one and let memory take its course :)

MysticalElement

Troll Slayer
HSC
snore said:
'Cause I didn't. I was informed throughout the year by my teacher that only ONE text was needed in addition to Educating Rita, so imagine my surprise when while I'm reading through the exam at the start and I see that I need to write about TWO related text. I was like fuck!

Anyway have a vote and tell me what lies your teacher feed you.

lolz what a shit kent teach u got ay

9deuce

MADE
HSC
I had 1 related, but knew another, which I didn't get to use, since I ran out of time.

xJaix

HSC
I prepared two related texts because as a practice essay I only did one and my teacher said it would be easier to remember bits and pieces of two related texts rather than one in detail as well as the fact that they may ask us for two related texts. Win Win ;)

snore

Kinky Kelly & Sexy Stud
HSC
xJaix said:
I prepared two related texts because as a practice essay I only did one and my teacher said it would be easier to remember bits and pieces of two related texts rather than one in detail as well as the fact that they may ask us for two related texts. Win Win ;)

Sounds like you had a teacher that actually knew their shit.

Sonata

HSC
my teacher said, 2 related text was a minimum for modules A and C. Well i guess it did have its uses

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
my teacher always told us to do two for practice essays.
so yeah
i used two =]

Takuto

HSC
all the past papers were two so it was obvious lol

but i only 'prepared' one (if you can call it that)

i made up one of my textson the spot.. like make up the name, author, story, quotes

"duck" by margaret jason.. a story about a boy named Ray who gets sent to a mental institution..

lol i win!

snore

Kinky Kelly & Sexy Stud
HSC
I'm pretty sure the past papers only used one text, are you talking past HSC or different papers?

Takuto

HSC
snore said:
I'm pretty sure the past papers only used one text, are you talking past HSC or different papers?
Past HSC

2006 and 2007 were one related text

all the previous years were two

so, it was obvious to prepare for two in that section.. too risky to only do one

HSC
Takuto said:
all the past papers were two so it was obvious lol

but i only 'prepared' one (if you can call it that)

i made up one of my textson the spot.. like make up the name, author, story, quotes

"duck" by margaret jason.. a story about a boy named Ray who gets sent to a mental institution..

lol i win!
I had 2 even if you thought they were going to ask for one you should of had 2 anyway so you had one back up

zoeanne

HSC
we were always told one too....
but it didnt bother me too much cause i had my one i picked and when i noticed it was too i just pulled out the one we done as a clas.. so meh oh well its done now

YAY no english

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)