Did you perform worse in the HSC performance than you usually would? (1 Viewer)

EroticCity

Hi a lot of people in my class actually performed worse during their HSC performances than they usually do, mainly because they were nervous. Was this the case in your experience?

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
I was told i did better than the trials

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
I was told the other way around.
I work better when I'm 'nervous'.. adrenaline gets to me and I just perform better
but it still wasnt as good as it had the potential to be

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
Teacher said it was the best performance I had done of it. I put a lot of energy into it as I knew it was crunch time.

Chelly_bee

HSC
i wasnt happy with my performance but i was satisfied.

I felt that i did a not so good performance- my teachers and the audience said it was great but i had a heap of things go wrong that threw me. I go to a P.A. school and so we're lucky enough to have lighting and stuff like that, but our lighting guy got really really sick a few days b4 HSC and so we had the year 7 trainee kid do it and he messed up my lights so a bit of it i was in darkness and that threw me, and then i was supposed to crack eggs in my hands and they wouldnt break, so that threw me and then i was thinking 'how can i smash these eggs' coz i needed them smashed and so i had to smash them on the floor. it was horrible - for me! but i dont mind that much. im just happy that i can recognise the good and the bad thing sabout my performance so i can understand my mark when i get it!

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
hell yeah, but then again, THATS WHAT PEOPLE ALWAYS SAY!

Performances are NEVER as good when you need them too be, cause your so much more critical of them! Just like a wonderful piece onstage is probably not NEARLY as good on film.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I think I did it better in my trials assessment imo.

We rehearsed too much for our performance and it just lacked alot of the energey and spontanaiety it had when we were hardly prepared for trials :p

aimstar555

HSC
my skool was was the same , my group felt we did better in the trials then the real thing. we had an open showcase nite and did our performances, which were our trial marks. the audience were our friends and family and they LOVED IT! out group got between 84 and 91% (we were all marked separately)

our school was on the FIRST day, the audience was SOOO nervous for us and so we couldn't "feed off them" as much as we could. plus, most of the jokes went straigh over their heads cause they were too young.
still, my IP was 1000 times betta on the day, as my trial was a DISASTER!
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE FOR THE 1st of Nov!!! peace out! :)

V

val_dramaqueen

i performed better in actual hsc, i was relaxed and everything and SO in to character BUT for some unknown reason, i went over time... but over all performances i have done of it, best performance was for actual hsc...

my trial was a disaster... i bawled my eyes out when i walked off stage. i forgot lines even though i knew them and i was so so so cut at myself!

a friend of mine in the year above did the exact same thing... i think i have slowly turned in to him! :p

cynical

Haha.. the day before my HSC performance, my piece was going for 9.5min.... The day of the performance I did some on-the-spot cutting (Partially due to nerves!) and got 8min and 1 sec.. haha. But then.. probably lost the quality too.

Ezzmaye

HSC
N/A
I was told that i perfomed so much better in the HSC performance then i did in the Trials because the pressure was actually on to perform our best. I honestly don't know why, but that's what our teacher said.

Serg01

I felt we went bad on the day of marking and went better on Showcase ( a thing our school does).. but we wee nominated so I must be wrong! :D

emmamar

HSC
i think my HSC performance was my best... on our showcase nights i just never put as much energy into them as i did on the day... plus the nerves add to it and give you a bit of a kick...

~V~

Gold Member?
HSC
N/A
my ip was like the best performance i had ever done of it!!! and we had two open nights, trials, done it about 10 times for junior classes... i was soo pumped for the HSC :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)