didn’t do too well on tutor exam (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
in year 9 and I didn’t do too well on an exam. felt confident after the exam but the teacher went thru it I made alot of dumb silly mistakes. pls send reassurance. Ik most ppl might say “it’s only year 9 it doesn’t matter” but ive just always been someone who ties their self value towards their academic achievement. the test wasn’t even hard but I made silly mistakes and probably only got like low 80s. my parents r going to kill me after they find it. it’s not even that in a lot of exams I’m always losing marks due to silly mistakes not because I don’t know the actual content or how to do it. anyways thank you for coming to my rant very sorry abt this just wanted to vent everything out to random ppl online to make myself feel a bit better. just feeling very low at the moment lol. doesnt make it any better that I feel like a complete disappointment to my parents.

Last edited:

carrotsss

HSC
ive just always been someone who ties their self value towards their academic achievement.
This is really unhealthy, you should work on fixing this. Bad results don’t make you any worse of a person, especially when you’re just in year 9. Besides, a mark in the 80s puts you well ahead of most people your age.

HSC
N/A
This is really unhealthy, you should work on fixing this. Bad results don’t make you any worse of a person, especially when you’re just in year 9. Besides, a mark in the 80s puts you well ahead of most people your age.
thank you for the advice and comment but even I try to not do that it just never ends up working out. I’m rlly sick of constantly losing marks for dumb things like silly mistakes, and the noise in the background from some weird banging drum group thing didn’t make it any better lol

HSC
N/A
the things the teacher told us to study wasn’t even like half the exam too. idek how I managed to mess up an indice q bruh it wasnt even hard but yet again stupid silly mistakes

carrotsss

HSC
Also I’m really sorry that your parents put so much pressure on you like that in year 9, that sounds really stressful. Don’t let it get to you, as much as you may be tired of hearing this year 9 genuinely doesn’t matter, I did pretty much no study at all in year 9 and now I’m topping most of my subjects in year 11, there’s next to no correlation.
the things the teacher told us to study wasn’t even like half the exam too. idek how I managed to mess up an indice q bruh it wasnt even hard but yet again stupid silly mistakes
For silly mistakes I recommend making a list of every silly mistake you make. It helps to just have it written down so you know how to avoid doing it in future and are more careful for that. Also, generally deep breaths and trying to relax before an exam helps a ton with silly mistakes.

HSC
N/A
Also I’m really sorry that your parents put so much pressure on you like that in year 9, that sounds really stressful. Don’t let it get to you, as much as you may be tired of hearing this year 9 genuinely doesn’t matter, I did pretty much no study at all in year 9 and now I’m topping most of my subjects in year 11, there’s next to no correlation.

For silly mistakes I recommend making a list of every silly mistake you make. It helps to just have it written down so you know how to avoid doing it in future and are more careful for that. Also, generally deep breaths and trying to relax before an exam helps a ton with silly mistakes.
when I read the first line I feel like I’m abt to cry(as exaggerated as it sounds) but thank you alot for the tip and understanding. i usually dont have anyone to talk abt these things too so this forum helps me a lot in terms of venting abt disappointing results and school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)