didnt get coop interview for acturarial (1 Viewer)

Giant Lobster

HSC
just wanted to let u sadistic bastards know that i failed :(
bah

i got finance though... pfft who wants that?

i dont see anything wrong with my application :( rank 1 for everything basically, and the extra curricular section was beautifully exaggerated :(

did anyone get what they wanted?

shazzam

acta est fabula
HSC
wtf man i wouldn't mind finance but got Computer science instead...

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
Giant Lobster said:
just wanted to let u sadistic bastards know that i failed :(
bah

i dont see anything wrong with my application :( rank 1 for everything basically, and the extra curricular section was beautifully exaggerated :(

did anyone get what they wanted?
damm it..y didnt they offer finance coop a yr earlier for me? :vcross:

Claudia

HSC
N/A
All the people i have called up got the actuarial, incl me. Thought everyone gets it, except if their application is dodgy, like if you fill up 2 lines in 10 or wateva. This co-op is cool, way better than usyd

Claudia

HSC
N/A
Giant Lobster said:
Can someone tell me why finance wasn't in the co-op brochure? I want to do finance! I would swap with actuarial studies any day. Wonder if i can still apply.....can i ? ne1 know?

Last edited:

shazzam

acta est fabula
HSC
It's a new course beginning in 2005.

Well I asked the director of the program, she said no, you can't swap. They have enough ppl so that even if their top choices don't ultimately accept an offer there are still a lot of people who can fill that vacated place.

Claudia

HSC
N/A
i wish i knew about it earlier. Actuarials is still really great though, but i wouldve put down both.

Giant Lobster

HSC
godamn... no swapping aye

i wonder what you needed to put on ur application to be accepted for actuarial
damn i did everything i can :(

i probably wont take the finance interview

shazzam

acta est fabula
HSC
Well I spose you could try...if you're REALLY into it, perhaps.

grimreaper

HSC
Claudia said:
All the people i have called up got the actuarial, incl me. Thought everyone gets it, except if their application is dodgy, like if you fill up 2 lines in 10 or wateva. This co-op is cool, way better than usyd
no i think youd have to have an awesome application to get into the actuarial interview. I had great ranks (eg 1/103 in 3u, 2/50 in chem, 2/50 in phys, etc) on my front page, I had tonnes to write about (eg for gold duke of ed I'd helped out at an age care facility for a year, went on 4 day hiking expeditions, etc) and yet I still didnt get one for some reason.

Im thinking that its cause I dont go to an "elite" sydney school - I live in Newcastle and I spose they dont think I'm good enough for them =\

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
man im suprised u and giant lobster didnt get ne interviews, ur ranks were high, u all did some sort of extra curricular activity...fukn hell wot hte hell were they looking for...neways i applied and i didnt get interview but i expected taht i jus applied for the hell of it, i know that actuarial co-ops are quite elite so yeh..giant lobster, y dont u want to take the finance interview(if i knew there was a finance co-op i wuda applied for it) or do u really wanna do actuarial?

nit

HSC
Yeh same...I had good ranks in all subjects, go to an "elite" school as grimreaper says. As for extra-curriculars, I do my fair share, but not very many - I prefer the academic side of things, even though I do sport, play the violin etc etc...I'm not entirely sure wtf they were looking for. Then again, I did say I also wanted to do medicine (which is my first choice) on the form, and that may have played a part. But yeh, my 4u maths and 3u were solid - 3/64 for 4u and 2/120 for 3u...

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
I didn't get called back for Actuarial either, and that was the only one I applied for. My ranks were good, 1/3 for 4-unit, 1/14 for 3-unit, 3/21 for physics, 3/28 for business studies.

I was sort of wondering why I didn't get the callback, then I read the photocopy of my application....

When I filled it out the day it had to be in, at about 2:00am. As anyone knows it takes a while to fill the whole thing in, and I was bloody tired. Anyways, I ended up writing sentences that made basically no sense and spelt "mathematics" wrong....

P.S. Mine was hand written so there is no excuse for spelling "mathematics" wrong, i.e. it wasn't just a typo :p

Claudia

HSC
N/A
I think the only reason you guys, with duke of E etc and the ranks didn't get it was because you didn't show excellent communication skills on your app. How did you write? they look for your ability to communicate your acheivements. Esp in actuarial. What was your eng ranking? mine 3/117. And also, i go to a non-private selective school not elite at all but good rep. They also want a balance of girls and guys. All the people i called up were girls. Mayb too many guys.

Claudia

HSC
N/A
Well guys r better at maths than girls ..... but they wouldnt want all guys look at the groups from previous yrs

Giant Lobster

HSC
I got 2/120 ish for English Adv
I got 1st for everything else
I go to Sefton High; its selective.
I wrote with eloquence, artistry and flair!!

Ok I'll accept defeat and take the stupid Finance interview
I'm grateful.

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
I'm not really concerned that I didn't get the offer, I don't want to do actuarial studies anyway.

Stupid thing is, I just realised that I want to do Engineering, yet I didn't apply for any Engineering scholarships.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)