Difference between Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Applied Finance (1 Viewer)

LandCo

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, I'm thinking of doing one of those two. For commerce my aim is to get into UNSW or USYD but the Bachelor of Applied Finance with the degree of Bachelor of Commerce - Professional Accounting at Macquarie also stands out to me too. Which one should I pick? Positives and negatives?

Thanks!

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Various threads about what uni for commerce, spend some time sifting through them all. To answer your question, they are pretty similar from what i've been told by macq students so this shouldn't be your deciding factor.

MBMD

HSC
The Macquarie course is pretty similar to the plain commerce at USYD/UNSW, its main difference being that it is 4 years instead of 3, and that its structure is very rigid (in that you get less electives). What this does however is guarantees that you qualify for ASIC's RG 146 and CPA/CA etc (assuming you pass your subjects). Pick the course you do off the unis, because it's not significantly different to normal commerce.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)