Difference between Bachelor of Psych and Studying Arts and Majoring in Psych? (1 Viewer)

joe_rulez37

HSC
Just wondering what the difference is between Studying Bachelor of Psychology and studying Bachelor of Arts and majoring in Psychology.

I guess, obviously there must be a pretty big difference, considering the UAI for Bachelor of Psychology is a lot higher.

It says in the UNSW handbook that:

Students should be aware that a Psychology major sequence in the Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Social Science degrees does not satisfy the requirements for an "accredited three-year sequence in Psychology" as described below. To satisfy these requirements, students must complete three courses in addition to the major sequence.
Can someone explain what this means? I'm absoloutely lost. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Bob.

HSC
i'm in the same situation except at usyd. i'm pretty sure they are the same except that you get to focus more on psychology in a B psych as it allows you to do more psych units of study, where as in a BA you can only do 8 units of senior study in psych. it also says in the usyd handbook that studying psychology in a BA can lead to a job as a psychologist, so i'm guessing there is a way in.

drmix

HSC
N/A
joe_rulez37 said:
Just wondering what the difference is between Studying Bachelor of Psychology and studying Bachelor of Arts and majoring in Psychology.

I guess, obviously there must be a pretty big difference, considering the UAI for Bachelor of Psychology is a lot higher.

It says in the UNSW handbook that:

Can someone explain what this means? I'm absoloutely lost. Thanks in advance!

mmm...im guess its nufin, the difference is the name

b of psyc u follow the b of psyc program
http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/programs/2006/3432.html

b of arts u follow the b of arts program
http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/programs/2006/3400.html

(i guess it allows u to do more art subjects or a double major...)

and same goes for b of science...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)