Difference Between Biomedical and Medical Science (1 Viewer)

HSC
So I was looking at some degrees and I came across UTS's Bachelor of Biomedical Science and Bachelor of Medical Science. What's the differences of each and which degree would better prepare you for Postgraduate Medicine? Which includes the most anatomy/physiology and practical work?

jaycoo50

HSC
lol, I am also planning to do biomedical science, which the Atar would be below 85.

medical science would be more about science ( chemistry, physics, biology, and maths) whereas, biomedical science is very research and practical course based. IN biomedical sceince you like research diseases. which is biomed is very interesting, you also learn about cells, disease, you can resaerch all that.

I can't tell you enough how interesting biomedical science, is you get to become a biomedical scientist, if you further study in the context of medicine. biomedical science is all about biology and the human system.

good luck, where are you planning to do biomedical at, please let me know I am also interested, say if we do biomedical science together at UTS, then how are we going to transfer to medicine, UTS doesn't have medicine degree I think. Are you going to then transfer, to a different uni. This is my main concern.

HSC
lol, I am also planning to do biomedical science, which the Atar would be below 85.

medical science would be more about science ( chemistry, physics, biology, and maths) whereas, biomedical science is very research and practical course based. IN biomedical sceince you like research diseases. which is biomed is very interesting, you also learn about cells, disease, you can resaerch all that.

I can't tell you enough how interesting biomedical science, is you get to become a biomedical scientist, if you further study in the context of medicine. biomedical science is all about biology and the human system.

good luck, where are you planning to do biomedical at, please let me know I am also interested, say if we do biomedical science together at UTS, then how are we going to transfer to medicine, UTS doesn't have medicine degree I think. Are you going to then transfer, to a different uni. This is my main concern.
Hey Jaycoo.

Well I have Medicine in my top 2 preferences followed by Medical science at UNSW and USYD but then with the other preferences I am quite confused what to do! It's either going to be Bachelor of Science at UNSW or USYD since I would rather be at a university that is better known worldwide or possibly Biomedical or Medical Science at UTS but I don't know if they are good or what the differences are between them and what would better prepare you for Postgraduate Med! I'm so confused at the moment how to order my courses!

To answer your question we would definetley need to transfer to another University for postgraduate medicine since they don't offer a Medicine.

jaycoo50

HSC
Hey Jaycoo.

Well I have Medicine in my top 2 preferences followed by Medical science at UNSW and USYD but then with the other preferences I am quite confused what to do! It's either going to be Bachelor of Science at UNSW or USYD since I would rather be at a university that is better known worldwide or possibly Biomedical or Medical Science at UTS but I don't know if they are good or what the differences are between them and what would better prepare you for Postgraduate Med! I'm so confused at the moment how to order my courses!

To answer your question we would definetley need to transfer to another University for postgraduate medicine since they don't offer a Medicine.
Hey I am still planing, what to pick, which university.

I think ets also put biomedical science as our preference. it is much better than medical science, check out biomedical science, you will like the course.

HSC
N/A
just to let you know,
biomedical sciences is more like a pure sciences program.
health sciences vary by schools. for example, mac health sci and western health sci are drastically different.
western health sci is more directed towards health issues, making the program more oriented towards social sciences. They even renamed their program "health studies".
mac health sci is more science focused than western health sci and have a different learning system.

Educational/Local Service

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)