Difference Between Eco & Com (1 Viewer)

mmmmmm

So guys what's the difference between an eco and commerce degree .. say at UNSW or Sydney??

I'll get the marks to get into them both just want to see what they involve and why the UAI is substantially lower for eco ..

Thanks muchly

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
YUCK i won't even touch ECONOMICS.

I like Business or Commerce

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Alright..

At UNSW, there is no difference between a Commerce and an Economics degree, except for the fact that in Economics, one of your majors has to be either Economics, Econometrics, Financial Economics or Economic History.

It's false to say Economics is more narrow, because it is just as broad as Commerce, u can do your second major in anything from Finance, HR, Business Law, Accounting etc.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
I persoally like how Business at UTS is set out, but UAI is too high :( i reckon it will sky rocket this year

N

ND

Originally posted by Minai
Alright..

At UNSW, there is no difference between a Commerce and an Economics degree, except for the fact that in Economics, one of your majors has to be either Economics, Econometrics, Financial Economics or Economic History.

It's false to say Economics is more narrow, because it is just as broad as Commerce, u can do your second major in anything from Finance, HR, Business Law, Accounting etc.
So if you do a BCom with one of those mjors, it would be identical to a BEc with the same makor? If so, why have the BEc at all?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by ND
So if you do a BCom with one of those mjors, it would be identical to a BEc with the same makor? If so, why have the BEc at all?
Not really, In commerce, they are called Business Economics and Business Statistics...basically, if u have a BEc, u are recognised as a professional economist

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)