Difference between economics in BCom and HSC economics (1 Viewer)

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
What is the difference between economics in BCom and HSC economics?

like microeconomics and macroecnomics

do u learnt the same thing?

even remembering statistics?

RishBonjour

HSC
Hey Heroic,

I did micro and macro this year. The main welcoming difference was maths. There were a lot more calculations, less essays. First year (intro) micro is MOSTLY maths while macro has some writing as well. The tests I sat did not require any statistics to be remembered. There is also a statistics unit (and a couple others), so it is maths based I would say. (2 unit level is sufficient, for B.Comm stats, 3 unit - perms and combs popped up in finals)

Macro - it was basically year 12 Economics with extensions into some economic models and quantitative answers.

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
Hey Heroic,

I did micro and macro this year. The main welcoming difference was maths. There were a lot more calculations, less essays. First year (intro) micro is MOSTLY maths while macro has some writing as well. The tests I sat did not require any statistics to be remembered. There is also a statistics unit (and a couple others), so it is maths based I would say. (2 unit level is sufficient, for B.Comm stats, 3 unit - perms and combs popped up in finals)

Macro - it was basically year 12 Economics with extensions into some economic models and quantitative answers.
Thank you so much Rish

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Pretty much the above. At tertiary level, economics is much more quantitative focused with formula and some graphs, very little theory/essay/extended response compared to HSC. It makes economics in high school look more like business studies (i.e. very wordy, memorise syllabus/definitions/examples, etc).

Jinks

HSC
Pretty much the above. At tertiary level, economics is much more quantitative focused with formula and some graphs, very little theory/essay/extended response compared to HSC. It makes economics in high school look more like business studies (i.e. very wordy, memorise syllabus/definitions/examples, etc).
+1

Praer

HSC
Uni Grad
lol thank god.. I seriously hate memorizing...

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
This makes me want to do Commerce more.................................................

Say if I did Bachelor of Science (Advanced) and wanted to transfer into Bachelor of Commerce (at UNSW/USYD) after my first year, what is needed? Approximately how much WAM must I get with an ATAR of ~94-96 for a successful transfer?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)