differences between conquering chem 3rd and 4th ed. (1 Viewer)

heybraham

HSC
does anyone know the revisions in the 4th edition compared to the 3rd? coz i dunno whether to buy a 2nd hand 3rd edition for cheap or buy a new 4th edition...i really don't wanna miss out on something important

tennille

HSC
I don't think the syllabus has changed for chemistry over the past year or two. I used the third edition of Conquering Chemistry in 2004 and it covered the syllabus quite well. Although, the definition of eutrophication in the third edition is incorrect, so don't use that definition (you'll encounter this in the third module). I'm not sure whether the author has amended that or not in the fourth edition. I'd get whatever is cheaper, because I doubt there would be any major changes between the two editions.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
As an educated, i would expect the latest edition of a textbook to have improved features such as better diagrams, better explanations, any updated info if the syllabus has changed (has not changed since 2001).

P

pLuvia

heybraham said:
does anyone know the revisions in the 4th edition compared to the 3rd? coz i dunno whether to buy a 2nd hand 3rd edition for cheap or buy a new 4th edition...i really don't wanna miss out on something important
The syllabus doesn't change, well not since 2001 as Riviet said. Most new editions just improve on questions, the mistakes the previous edition had (knowing from maths textbooks)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)